Thread: PLEASE HELP ME!!! Buell Firebolt XB12R Aftermarket Grips, Mirrors, & Flush turn sign

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Buell Firebolt XB12R Aftermarket Grips, Mirrors, & Flush turn sign

Hello All,
    I live in Atlanta, GA and Great South Harley is (unfortunately) the only dealership that will service Buells in my area. They have held my 2005 Buell XB12R hostage for almost 2 months, as their parts dept cannot find aftermarket grips, bar-end mirrors, or flush-mount turn signals that fit my bike.

Can someone point me in the right direction, so I can let those idiots know where to find these parts. I just want my bike back!!!

.....you need to get in touch with Ich - he has all the things you need.

Why is it at the shop to get those things done?

Amazon or eBay will have all that crap.
    I'm with Oh9bolt on this one.
    You could order all those parts yourself and change em out in a parking lot in about 30min with basic hand tools.

surely this is not a serious post.....

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mope View Post
    .....you need to get in touch with Ich - he has all the things you need.
    To return such a fine machine to an OEM technical center for the expressed purpose of installing jibberish and other mythical nonsense is analagous to children frolicking in a cow pasture, with the setting sun to their backs, expecting not to be gored to death by a rampaging robust muscular bull.
    warm regards,
    ich
    Vienna, Austria
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-08-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Amazon or eBay will have all that crap.
    I'm with Oh9bolt on this one.
    You could order all those parts yourself and change em out in a parking lot in about 30min with basic hand tools.
    I literally installed bar end mirrors in the parking lot in 5 minutes. Turn signals-- I had to open the packages to make sure the hardware fit in the existing fairing hole. The great people at cycle gear let me take the signals outside to my bike to check fitting. And none of the signals for the big 4 bike makers fit, to big. I used a universal led blinker. I snugged the lock nut too tight, and the factory seal broke on the signals plastic casing--cured that with super glue. But, they work and look great. The connectors weren't a direct fit but you can pick up the matching connectors at an auto parts store, or just use a screw driver to spread the connectors open so it seats inside the female connector coming from the bikes signal wires.
    Last edited by Simplymichaeljr; 11-09-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    To return such a fine machine to an OEM technical center for the expressed purpose of installing jibberish and other mythical nonsense is analagous to children frolicking in a cow pasture, with the setting sun to their backs, expecting not to be gored to death by a rampaging robust muscular bull.
    warm regards,
    ich
    Vienna, Austria

I ran that through google translate and all I keep getting is:

18907079.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    warm regards,
    ich
    Vienna, Austria
    I find these ich posts to be HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!