Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handling woes...

Thanks a lot for the help and advice. I had dropped it off at the dealership for winter storage and a 10K service before starting this thread. Yesterday I got a chance to check out the tires a bit more when I dropped another of my bikes off for winter storage. The tires are Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 with date codes 4811 F and 4511 R. I was pretty surprised to find how flat they were in the center. Looking at the tires is pretty deceptive, there is tons of tread left but when running your hand across the tires you can feel a pretty large flat section. It is almost like this bike was only ridden straight for thousands of miles. You can tell that the previous owner didn't corner much or very aggressively. I am pretty sure what I was experiencing is caused from transitioning from the flat to the curved portion of the tire. This is likely complicated by how hard the tires are. I will get a set of tires on the bike for spring and will hopefully enjoy the bike a lot more.

Any advice on a steering damper that fits and works well? I plan on getting to a track day or two and want to get it ready.

Gpr stabilizer I think you still might be able to pick one up from 50dro.

Unfortunately, 5Odro closed up shop. Really a shame. You can get a GPR direct from the company....

Second (or third) the recommendation for new tires (I love my new Q3s)...

Michelin Power Pilot 3's do it for me. Great grip on dry and wet and wears well (10,000 ish miles).

sounds like u need to set up the suspensen.they usually turn in real good.set front forks to 4 th mark0n forks threw steering head and make changes before each ride document down on paper how many turns each ride, rear suspension screw,down top locking ring to half way .every ones different so have a play it can be heaps of fun.tyres and suspension critical to handling.the big allen key in middle of steering head u can tighten it down .you need to suspend front end off ground when doing i tor you can fit a steering dampner .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12