Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on my 08 Uly - long case

Not long ago I took the ECM out and could realize there is absolutely no crack at all. It looks like perfect from this standpoint, its "encapsulation" looks like OK.

Do you suggest TPS resetting once again to correct for this higher angle? Or is it a hardware matter?

Your AFV is at 90 and your ego corr at 90. You want it as close to 100 as possible. I would reset tps again and reset your afv to 105 and then ride the bike and let it come in . Go for a decent ride and see how it feels. When you get back plug in ecmspy and see where your afv is at. Then post back with your screen shot.
    Last edited by rchuff; 11-25-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Your AFV is at 90 and your ego corr at 90. You want it as close to 100 as possible. I would reset tps again and reset your afv to 105 and then ride the bike and let it come in . Go for a decent ride and see how it feels. When you get back plug in ecmspy and see where your afv is at. Then post back with your screen shot.
    Hi!
    Following your advice I reset AFV to 100 and also reset the TPS and took the bike for a ride. I rode for 15-20km I guess sometimes keeping it around 40-60mph and for 2 or 3 times took it to around 6000rpm.

Came back home and took another print screen as follows:
    Captureafterafvreset.jpg

As seen, AFV returned to 90.

Now I have some comments on this:
    - In TunerPro I realized the "tuner" set my AFV minimum to 90 and maximum to 110. Needless to say that AFV is sitting on 90 because this is it's lower bound as set by the tuner. Maybe it would go even lower had he kept the original limits. By the way, what are the original limits!?
    - As soon as I started riding, right after TPS and AFV reset, the behavior between 2000 and 3000rpm got much better. It wasn't perfect, but way better. As the AFV was 100 at that time and it ran smoother, I can suppose the fuel map is too lean in that area (2000-3000rpm and low TPS value).
    - This is another issue but may be addressed together: around 4000rpm and high value of TPS, say 70% throttle open until WOT, engine is very very lean. I turn the throttle, can hear the engine aspirating through the K&N filter but revs do not climb. Then I wait until it gets to around 5000rpm and feel the engine start pushing with the same throttle opening.
    - The times I had to stop for street crossings or lights I felt the smell of gasoline, which suggests me there's excess in some part of the mapping.

From all this, supposing I am right in my conclusions, there are parts of the map that are lean and others that are rich. Maybe the rich parts dominate, as AFV keeps going down to 90% and the smell of gas.

Would it be a good idea to replace the mapping by an OEM one and see how it gets? I dont feel confortable riding this map tuned by a person I'm not sure is fully capable of doing so.

Oh and by the way, before running I also checked the memory of ECM for errors. There were two of them, I erased it and after run both errors returned as follows:
    erros.JPG

Oh and I also took a print of both front and rear fuel maps that are installed on my ECM as follows.
    fuelmaps.jpg

Guys, Iīve been reading everything I found over the internet on Buell XB fuel injections, remaping and this sort of things. And I think I finally made my motorcycle run like new! Aparently the issue was the fuel maping made on it. It was tuned for maximum high end performance but the one who did it forgot the bike should also run smoothly when slow. I made a kind of a merge between the stock map and the tuned-race-map I had on it. Basically my low ver, low TPS settings are more like the stock map and the high TPS area more like a race map. I found the bike to run smoothly when slow and very powerful when demanded. The only thing I left unchanged was the timing map because I do not have knowledge to go and tune it.

If anyone wants to see I can share the map Iīm running now.

Cheers.

Glad you got it running, you certainly worked hard enough for good results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12