Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 XB12R Rebuild/Restoration Thread

Banned
    Don't forget to lube the parts before assembling because of you don't want to start dry engine.

If he put the whole thing together and doesn't know that, I'd be shocked.

Thinking the same. If you have build ability I'm sure assembly Lube is a given.

Oh sh-t, was I supposed to lube all those parts ?

I always use Isky rev-lube for rotating parts and redline two-stroke oil for cylinders.
    There was a bit of a snafu with the heads so i am waiting on some parts. Does anyone know what the spring washer for the clutch part number is?
    its not listed on twin bikes. This is the one that goes in the center under the special nut that is not flat and says up on it.

Same as a Sportster part if you want to run to the dealer and grab one. Or I'm sure I have a few spares in my hardware buckets. What's the story on the heads? Those are Kibblewhite valves right? Is that some of Chad's handiwork?

They are the valves from hammer performance. Just a miss communication with the local machine shop about what needed to be done with the intake valves so i had to order new seats. Not a big deal just have to wait on the mail.

Anyone have a black upper fork tube laying around?

Oh, so you bought valves separate? Why not have Hammer set them up for those valves? Are those 1.900" or 1.980" intake valves? Stock seats can support 1.900" but not 1.980", but intake and exhaust valve seats will both have to be sank a ton to run the 1.980"s. Without significant decking or similar work, the chamber volume will be huge.

They are 1.98s and yes I am having the seats for them put in also. My close friend owns a performance engine machine shop so that's why I just got the valves. Yes they are sunk a little but that's why I got the full 12:1 pistons so the compression should be about right. I need to have the throttle body over bored probably. I have not decided what cams exactly yet as I am working with ebr on am ecurrently that has a tune thathe will be close as it's the set up they ran for a while with the exhaust I have. Hammer recommend the 585/591 redshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
    Oh, so you bought valves separate? Why not have Hammer set them up for those valves? Are those 1.900" or 1.980" intake valves? Stock seats can support 1.900" but not 1.980", but intake and exhaust valve seats will both have to be sank a ton to run the 1.980"s. Without significant decking or similar work, the chamber volume will be huge.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast