Thread: Need help for fan mods with Ecmspy

Need help for fan mods with Ecmspy

Hi to all,i've got a my07 xb12 and i want to mod the temperature for start the fan,especially for The Summer, to prevent engine overheating...
    But i'm new in use esmspy,and if it possible, i need some help to find the right positions of values,because i'm not really sure!

my firmware is BUEGB231 and i found on the ecmspy site

0x01EC key on fan on position (1E0-0C)
    0x01ED key on fan off position (1E0-0D)

these are the right positions of the values in the table?

i know that for The right degrees i must do this (for example and simplicity)

start temp=value+50

i'm speaking right?

and,ever if it possible,can i modify the speed of the fan in relation to the temperature? how?

thank You Very much for help and sorry for my bad English!

Temperature is the same unit (degrees) no matter if its in the summer or in the winter. So the same fan program will work in the summer and the winter. Winter degrees aren't a smaller unit. My unit is smaller in the winter though

I have never seen a 'street' bike that needed its fan temp settings modified to avoid overheating. If it's overheating... fix it. It's not the fan settings.

Sorry, I can't answer your specific questions if you still want to modify the fan settings with ECMSpy. You can modify them easily with the free ECMDroid. It's a much simpler interface. Fan on temp/fan off temp.. easy

thanks for The reply cooter

my engine isn't overheating when I ride,i don't explain Very Well... I want to modify fan temperature only to keep the engine cooler,in Hot/traffic situations,like or similar to the last xb models

ecmdroid is a Good and simply alternative,But i don't have the bluetooth adapter (for now )
    because i'm a f###in' perfectionist,i don't want to hear the fan At max speed when i ride,and with ecmdroid i can't modify the fan speed

i don't have hurry to do this mod,here in italy now is cold,i'll wait for other precious suggestions

thanks!

I suggest using TunerPro RT, it will be much easier to make the correct changes.