Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Uly, not to Buell or bikes

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Honestly the bikes not too bad two up either. my wife does not like to ride very often and we're not scrawny people by any means but it does very well with two people on it. Absorbs bumps like a champ has tons of power. I can say the only problem with another person in the back is easy 4th gear power wheelies
    Agree. My wife doesn't mind riding on the back although she prefers our Ultra Classic, but when I want to pack 2 weeks worth of stuff on a bike and head out of town solo I'll take the Uly any day instead of the Ultra Classic.

IMG_1190.jpg

So for good or ill, my wife doesn't ride pillion, and no longer rides her own bike so that's not a concern. My daughter used to be my constant riding companion but she's medically sidelined, and my sons all ride their own (by which I mean theirs are all broken so they ride whatever one of mine is available) Thus, I don't have to worry too hard about carrying a passenger. My only real concern is the fact that the Uly is reportedly very touchy about having the suspension set correctly according to it's weight load. I don't take many long trips, but I plan to change that in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    So for good or ill, my wife doesn't ride pillion, and no longer rides her own bike so that's not a concern. My daughter used to be my constant riding companion but she's medically sidelined, and my sons all ride their own (by which I mean theirs are all broken so they ride whatever one of mine is available) Thus, I don't have to worry too hard about carrying a passenger. My only real concern is the fact that the Uly is reportedly very touchy about having the suspension set correctly according to it's weight load. I don't take many long trips, but I plan to change that in the coming years.
    I set my suspension up according to the Owners Manual. Used the chart according to weight and my bike handles great. I never experienced anything touchy, even with bags loaded. When I bought it, (used), it was set up for someone weighing about 85 pounds. It rode like a pogo stick, dove into corners terribly and the front end dipped heavily while shifting. A few turns on the settings and it rides like magic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123