Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake - go custom or stay stock

Intake - go custom or stay stock

Looking for some feedback here, are people happy with the aftermarket Forcewinder intake kits? if not what would you change?

thanks
    Nick

Is this for Buell tubers I assume ? I have a force winder on my M2 . Looks much better then the factor box.

Outlaw, thank you for the feedback. Anything you would change? We acquired the company back in September and are looking to our Buell people for feedback so we can release new product lines and kits. What else can you tell me about your bike? Any pics?
    nick

I've had one on my X1 for years, wish I could buy a replacement filter only. My filter shows its age and mileage, so why not a service filter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original ForceWinder View Post
    Outlaw, thank you for the feedback. Anything you would change? We acquired the company back in September and are looking to our Buell people for feedback so we can release new product lines and kits. What else can you tell me about your bike? Any pics?
    nick

I dont have your intake, but have your exhaust on my dragbike (you even sent me out a bunch of extra parts and some tees and stickers for the race bike)

Good to see youre still going to be making parts for these!

**Quick preface** This is not me trying to be a jerk, just wanting to offer an opinion here since I'm always on a budget Forgot in my original post, I have a 2000 X1 Lightning

I don't own the Forcewinder intake- I wanted to buy one, but upon examination, I cant justify the few hundred bucks due to just how similar it is to the stock. Since the price of the kit is so high, I'll just be taking off the air box, putting a K&N on the stock intake, and gaining almost the benefits of the kit for a fraction of the price. For me, I would need one of two things to bridge the gap: 1) greater benefits than the cheaper mod can give, or 2) something that really differentiates it from the stock. I'm not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but the orientation and conical shape of the filter to me seems to still suck air in as opposed to using the movement of the bike to force air in (since the air is going to flow along the path of least resistance, which is no resistance). Has there been any thought about creating a kit along those lines, or any testing to support that a forced air intake will yield better results than the current configuration? Just throwing it all out there.

PS- Still want one of your kits, I wont lie : D They're so pretty!
    PPS- Hope this post wasn't too n00b.
    Last edited by Yodes89; 06-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.

I have one of the kits on my 95 sportster and one on my 2000 S3T. I like the look on the sporty, but it just does not seem to fit the lines of the S3T.

Sporty (sorry for the dirty bike, this is just before I tore everything down):

Buell (A little hard to see):

Unfortunately the poster has logged on since those posts, hopefully they come back and see the thread(s) and comments.

I forgot to add suggestions:

Mounting options: Yes, I would like to angle the intake down 30 degrees (or 15 or 45. Or up). I would also love to see it a little closer to the engine. Not a big issue, but it might appeal to me more on my Buell if it didn't stick out so far.

Colors: More options.

Filters: Different shapes maybe? (I have never had an issue ordering filters for this intake. Just picked up 2 last year)

HMP: I do hope they log back in to see comments. Really love the intake on my sportster where it helped to develop a lot of power on my stroker motor and would like to see them make some advancements.

I've had one on my Sportster for a while now. The only trouble I had was I have it mounted upright until I get shorter bolts so it will attach to my breather bracket better. I ride it with it upright just fine. Makes a cool noise if your really hit the throttle. lol
    I actually just ordered one today for my M2 project. I will know in a few days hopefully how that one goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast