Thread: Anyone shipped a motorcycle overseas?

Anyone shipped a motorcycle overseas?

I might be shipping a motorcycle to Papua New Guinea. I was wondering if anyone had any experience? I found crates, and shippers but not a one and done place. I'm in NJ too if that helps.
    Thanks!

Inactive
    i've shipped probably 20 various kawasaki triples and buells overseas shawn....some as far away as hong kong. can i make a suggestion? do NOT take on the responsibility or volunteer to make shipping arrangements. that is the buyers' responsibility and here's why: payment....import docs....potential VAT payments....bill of lading.....precise pick-up arrangements.....conformity with vehicle import specs....and much more all on the buyers' end of it. NOT something you want to get involved in nor should you. tell any potential buyer it's their requirement to make any and all shipping arrangements and payment for same....on your end you will do everything humanly possible to assist including availability, supplying all contact info, and helping the shipper pick up and load the bike. any potential buyer will appreciate that offer and take it from there. other than that avoid involvement like the plague.
    PS-does potential buyer happen to be Sean Kohl? he imports alot of buells to asia and OZ.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 01-19-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks guys, that's some great info!

John, its a guy named Steve Sims. We have been back and forth a bit, seems like a good guy. I am just sourcing a place for the work, he understands he must pay them etc.

Dave, I will try that guy for a price. That's exactly what I need, someone to show up and take it away on his dime!