Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help!!

Need help!!

Need to find someone with a dyno to work on my accelerating issues with my 2005 xb12r. I'm located in jeff city MO.
    Last edited by river_rat17; 01-23-2017 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Na

This is just slightly better, but there's no need to make multiple threads for the same thing and still leave no pertinent information about your issue.

Try giving the same info that you would to a Buell technician that is standing in front of you.
    RPM? when Cold? Hot? All the time? Intermittant? How long has it been doing it? Any recent changes? Owned it for awhile? Done anything yourself? New fuel? Old battery? any lights on? sitting awhile? Ride everyday?

The more you help us, the more we can help you. Otherwise its a bunch of really smart guys... totally guessing.

The first one who says "get a new battery" without any diagnosis at all... gets poop in their mailbox!!

haha
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

, "get a new battery" I like being first , Cooter, For what its worth, in the last 6 months I have bought 4 buells 3 of them needed Battery's the one that didnt it was already new.. In all 3 the bikes just would not crank over.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 01-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.

I bought this bike last summer. The previous owner did not tell me about this issue that I'm having and apparently has tried to fix it himself also. The bike stutters and pops when trying to apply alot of throttle between 0-4000 rpms, after that the bike will take anything. I have to run in 4th gear on the highway just so the bike doesn't pop, "kinda feels like a backfire more than anything." I have put a new battery in it, new plugs, cleaned air filter, tried running it with the airbox cover off for better air supply. He has sent me multiple different tunes and has a Xopti tune in it now that tried to make the bike run richer in 0-4000 rpm range. He had a Dean Adam's exhaust put on and had sent the ecm off to get it mapped for it. Apparently that didn't work. Previous owner thinks it is the exhaust causing the issue.

Have you tried a TPS reset?
    I would leave the tune alone. Especially if you have documentation showing that the ECM has been tuned for the Dean Adams exhaust. That exhaust, with the tune, is probably the best set up you can get for your bike.

I havnt tried it personally but I will. I guess it has a mix of Dean Adam's and Xopti. Looks like Xopti tried to lean it out more

I'd start researching how to do a TPS reset. If that doesn't solve your running problems then I'd try to contact Dean and see if he can help you with your current ECM.
    www.buellmods.com for a service manual.
    Download it and start reading. The more research you do the better off you'll be. A Buell is not the bike for someone that doesn't have the ability, time, or patience to trouble shoot running issues. Paying a mechanic will only wear out your wallet and your love for the bike.

Well thanks for ur help

Thanks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast