Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Need help!!

Sry guy been sick last couple days. I did find that i did not rotate tps sensor clockwise when i installed it back on bike. I rotated it prolly a 1/16" from where it was. I cleaned and lubed before reinstalling. After I performed tps reset and warmed bike up to temp my readings were, idle-1050, temp-150,tps-4.4 degrees. I will be performing the test on tps tomorrow involving the 5 points and lowering idle to 950. Will get back to u then.

Quote Originally Posted by river_rat17 View Post
    I did find that i did not rotate tps sensor clockwise when i installed it back on bike. I rotated it prolly a 1/16" from where it was. I cleaned and lubed before reinstalling. After I performed tps reset and warmed bike up to temp my readings were, idle-1050, temp-150,tps-4.4 degrees. I will be performing the test on tps tomorrow involving the 5 points and lowering idle to 950. Will get back to u then.
    From your values it looks like you should be fine now, are you still experiencing the rev hang at these TPS/idle settings? I don't think it is necessary to go back in and mess with the clock of the TPS but it is up to you. The goal of doing that is the tabs inside wear against the tabs on the TB and so they might not be seated against each other. I just did it on my bike today. I just set it half way between the scratch I made and full clockwise the bolts would allow. I then zeroed the TPS through ECMspy, doing those things while the idle adjuster was backed completely off allowing the butterfly to be fully closed. I then set the idle adjust for 5.1 and brought the bike up to temperature. Final settings were 5.5 TPS at 1000-1050rpm.

What is the TPS test involving 5 points? Lowering to 950rpm is only to see if it will cure rev hang if you are experiencing it at 1050rpm.

Yes I believe I got the tps set correctly now also. When I rode it yesterday it didn't seem to hang up but still returns to idle slowly. The clocking test is what I ment by the 5 point test to see if the tps hit the same marks everytime.
    I can tell a big difference in running temp with the race map installed now. The cooling fan hardly ever kicks on now when I turn the bike off and the engine isn't burning my croch. Lol. The throttle response has gotten even better and the idle is smoother.

When I rode it yesterday it didn't seem to hang up but still returns to idle slowly. The clocking test is what I ment by the 5 point test to see if the tps hit the same marks everytime.
    OK gotcha, well again don't get to caught up on it, you can eyeball a smooth ramp up and down if you are connected to ECMspy live and just monitor the seep while twisting the throttle tube. Bike doesn't need to be running. Just watch that it's not jumping in value compared to rolling on or off the throttle and that it reads the same closed value and 100%WOT every time.

I can tell a big difference in running temp with the race map installed now. The cooling fan hardly ever kicks on now when I turn the bike off and the engine isn't burning my croch. Lol. The throttle response has gotten even better and the idle is smoother.
    The fan logic for the race map is not the same as the stock map, which makes the fan come on much less. So it sounds like it is now running good? Is it still backfiring? Not pops on deceleration, that is OK. Sounds like you now just need to take it for a few extended rides so the ECU can adjust accordingly.

Tps seems to be solid. I am still having the the missfire/power loss and the popping on the deceleration, it has gotten better over time of just driving it but is still pretty annoying. Took it on a ride yesterday again and it seemed to run really well then I stopped and got a bite to eat then when I took off and stopped at a light it died on me for the first time ever, started right back up but didn't seem like it wanted to idle very well. Was burping alot. After it warmed back up it got better.

Tps seems to be solid. I am still having the the missfire/power loss and the popping on the deceleration, it has gotten better over time of just driving it but is still pretty annoying. Took it on a ride yesterday again and it seemed to run really well then I stopped and got a bite to eat then when I took off and stopped at a light it died on me for the first time ever, started right back up but didn't seem like it wanted to idle very well. Was burping alot. After it warmed back up it got better.
    1.) So where in the RPM's is this going on? Can you elaborate what all is going on especially what is pointing you to misfire? Slow to climb in RPM's in a certain area?

2.) Do you think the idle RPM's are just a little to low to keep the bike running? Like when on first start up does it just run and idle or to you have to watch it and blip the throttle to keep it running?

Maybe next step is to swap the 02 out. Most everyone states a rich condition when the 02 goes but I experienced a lean condition when mine went bad.

Has your AFV gone off of the 100% setting? By how much? Also you didn't mention if RPM's are coming down properly now or not.

Does it sound like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaM-bz2vJIA
    Last edited by lowkey; 02-20-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: video added

The missfire/power loss happens between 0-4000 rpm still. It has gotten better but when I pull off from a stop I can feel when I have passed that point and all the power comes back. I still have to ride in 4th gear on Highway in able to have power pulling up a hill or even fighting the wind. And at cruising speed I can here the bike missing also. It's a steady pop around 4500 rpm. I can't feel this either just hear it if I listen closley. I may just be hearing stuff also. Lol

For the idle issue, whenever I first start the bike it kinda drops in rpms every 15 seconds then ramps back up to idle speed. I never really had to blip it to keep it running till the other day after It died on me. I'll try to set the rpms higher and see if the bike still drops down in rpm.

And the last checked the AFV it was still at 100% and the rpms never stuck on me again since the last tps alignment and reset. I believe the sticking was do to improper tps setting.

And yes the bike decele pops/backfires like the video. I've been paying attention and it usually happens the most between 2-3000 rpms.

Okay guys. I rolled the engine today to change 02 sensor and header gaskets. Anything else I should do while I'm this far.

And no big deal but I figured the engine would have rolled out till it hit the front tire. It stops about 2 inches away. Is that because of the rear isolator bolt and rear swing arm are fighting each other?

Okay guys. I rolled the engine today to change 02 sensor and header gaskets. Anything else I should do while I'm this far.

And no big deal but I figured the engine would have rolled out till it hit the front tire. It stops about 2 inches away. Is that because of the rear isolator bolt and rear swing arm are fighting each other?
    plugs,pvc,rocker box gaskets, things to check since it is rotated, how many miles are on the bike?

Around 13000 miles.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast