Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modify right or GTFO.

Modify right or GTFO.

My Buell is outfitted with an exhaust and matching ECM and I do not get much decel popping if any at all. However, I see videos where the XB is popping and sputtering all over the place. Am I lucky and have a rare modified XB that does not decel pop, or do these guys not know how to modify a bike? ...............Thinking back, I do not recall my XB ever decal popping when it was completely OEM either. The only time it popped really bad was when I had an exhaust and no tune. I guess I answered my own question. Modify right or GTFO.

I'm certain that in order for you to have accomplished your near perfect tune you spent a lot of time data logging. Or at least someone did. Problem is people aren't researching how to accomplish what you've achieved and are trying to either flash an entire eeprom or someone else's fuel mapping on their ECM. Either way, if someone doesn't know what they're doing it's a terrible idea to do either of the two methods just mentioned to "tune" an xb.
    I takes a lot of time, knowledge and patience to achieve a customer tune for an XB.
    NO ONE was giving that away over a decade ago and it seems no one wants to give that away today.
    When talking Buell there's no "quick fix" out there for tuning issues.

I'm using an EBR ECM so I don't know if that qualifies as a "near perfect tune," but some of these XBs pop and sputter so bad I am convinced all they did was put a pipe on and did nothing to the ECM.

My 2009 XB12R with a Jardine Exhaust and compatible tune (done by the PO) pops so bad, it is annoying. I flashed the ECM with the "correct" tune and it made no difference. I have been told (by folks here and on BW) that there is nothing I can do except change exhaust and remap). I've been doing a lot of logging, but have not had the chance to examine the results. I am saving the funds to have the stock can modified by Dean Adams, which I was told is the best way to go anyway. My S3 has the Race ECM and Vance and Hines SSR2, with no popping or issues at all.

Not sure if dean does mods to stock cans http://ecommerce.deanadamsdesigns.co...0977fe45169999 just to mention a few Hawk,special ops ,drummer, force they do stock can mods.

EBR does remapping also http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store...ammed-ecm.html I am running Deans pipe with a IDS mapped for a D&D which is similar cal helped with the decel pop. Waiting for EBR to do a CAL on Deans pipe then they will remap my ECM.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 01-24-2017 at 05:45 PM.

I guess I shouldnt be holding my breath ! I would be dead and buried last year.

This reminds me, I have a spare IDS ECM for 08-09 XB 12 with Drummer SS if anyone is interested.

Sorry, meant Drummer...

K.I.S.S.

Decel popping is usually caused by a slightly lean de-cel condition (adding a muffler without a 'tune' will do that), or a leak in the pipe. Fix those = no popping.

There's no need for a completely custom one-off injection program and the $1000's you'll spend to get it for something that minor.
    It's not magic, and these bikes haven't changed since the common programs have been available for so long now. There's lots of variables... like maybe your program isn't right? Since they have been open source for so long, how do you really know it is what they say? You get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast