By the age of this thread I can only assume the original poster has sorted out his solution.

As a short guy (5'8" - used to be 5'9" before breaking my back, old age, etc.) With about a 30" inseam I thought I'd throw my $.02 out there for any other prospective Uly buyers who may be vertically challenged.

I've left mine stock and not had a single issue. In fact I've even added an Airhawk to the seat pushing me further from the ground. I only touch the tips of my toes to the ground unless I slide to one side and just use one foot, which I do the majority of the time. The only time this gets old for me is when I commute to work and get stuck in stop & go traffic, but it's forced me to learn to balance on the pegs at 0-2mph much better...anybody competing in trials on a Uly?

Full disclosure: I did grow up on dirt bikes and became used to riding on bikes I couldn't touch the ground on 40 years ago...

That said, Buell's low center of gravity and relatively light weight (say compared to a GS) makes it surprisingly easy to handle. I do have to be a bit more aware of hazards where I put my foot down such as dips in the pavement, sand, oil slicks etc. However, in the 9+ years I've owned, not once have I come close to dropping it. In fact I don't even think about the height anymore, as a matter of fact, I don't think I'd ever want to give it up. I thoroughly enjoy the plush ride the extra suspension affords, particularly in early spring with our over abundance of pot hole and frost heaves up here. When I'm in traffic, being able to see over most of it and actually being closer to eye level of drivers in large trucks is a huge advantage to me.

So, at the end of the day, do not let the stock height worry you and don't automatically start thinking about making it lower. Assess your skills and comfort level. Maybe even sharpencyour skills with some training. Up here there are classes conducted specifically for low speed maneuvering on motorcycles and with the rapidly increased interest in adventure bikes, there are more and more classes being offered for this specific category.

I've learned that I love my bike taller than my inseam almost as much as I love women taller than me

Hope this helps someone out there wrestling with deciding on a Uly!