Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do when it's 20 degrees outside?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You're going to make me buy new tires also, huh?

I'm looking at some Pirelli Diablo Supersports. I always liked the mix of life and grip they provided.
    Well, the ones that came with the bike when I bought it a few months ago were 10 1/2 years old. Lots of tread left, but just old and dried up I could tell immediately that the new tires were much safer than the stock ones that were on the bike. I feel much better knowing my tires are good.

Warner

Using logic and all

Logic has no place here... Haha.

So glad miles are getting added up! Cold and riding > not riding.

Just like:

soggy pizza and flat beer > No pizza and No beer.

Good for you. Keep the wheels turnin'!!

I'm trying to figure out why you would even want to do that??????, But I'm old so take it from there.

Enjoy !

Low of 50 here today

lowest I have ridden in was like 24. Did it just to do it, my limit for my 15 minute commute is 35, with an upper limit of 110.

I'll ride down to 35 degrees. The only thing that gets a little cold is my hands....heated gloves would solve that. If you wear the right gear, it's not that bad, really.

Warner

I know, I used to ride pretty much all year long, I wouldn't deliberately leave in the rain or snow but have come home in it many times. I'm still home recovering from a bad driver, I expressed concern at the therapist yesterday if I'll be able to ride at all ever again, as my right hand does not seem to be coming along, can't make a fist and both hands are now weak, so I think if I'm ever able to ride again, it won't be in the cold anymore, which is too bad because most motorcycles love that cold air, I enjoyed it also.
    Last edited by njloco; 02-07-2017 at 02:43 PM.

50's I need my winter gloves and something on my neck since my jacket has a pretty low collar

40's I need something more than normal jeans, either my kevlar riding jeans, or some "freeze out" knee covers I have from cycle gear

30's I need my winter riding jacket, or a second liner in my perforated leather jacket, and glove liners

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I know, I used to ride pretty much all year long, I wouldn't deliberately leave in the rain or snow but have come home in it many times. I'm still home recovering from a bad driver, I expressed concern at the therapist yesterday if I'll be able to ride at all ever again, as my right hand does not seem to be coming along, can't make a fist and both hands are now weak, so I think if I'm ever able to ride again, it won't be in the cold anymore, which is too bad because most motorcycles love that cold air, I enjoyed it also.
    Give it time....maybe it will start to heal up. I hope you have a full recovery!

Warner

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    50's I need my winter gloves and something on my neck since my jacket has a pretty low collar

40's I need something more than normal jeans, either my kevlar riding jeans, or some "freeze out" knee covers I have from cycle gear

30's I need my winter riding jacket, or a second liner in my perforated leather jacket, and glove liners
    I'm good down to mid 30's with the following:

Duluth insulated pants over the top of my Klim 3.0 baselayer pants

Baselayer shirt, polypropylene mid layer shirt, under my Coretech jacket with insulating liner and rain layer both zipped in.

I use good winter gloves (waterproof)

Just bought (on sale for $144) TCX X-Move Waterproof Boots - I love these! Protective, but walk like shoes and are waterproof

I also use a REV'IT! Velox WSP Windcollar which makes a HUGE difference in how you feel.

With those things, the only thing that gets cold are my hands. Like I said, heated gloves would solve that, but even on sale for decent gloves and the controller, we're looking at $200. For the amount of riding that I do in the cold (not much), I couldn't justify that cost....

Warner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast