Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU map with Jardene GP exhaust?

ECU map with Jardene GP exhaust?

Hey guys, I know for sure that this has been beaten to death and I did search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I've got the new '06 Uly which has a stock muffler, a UNI foam air filter, and stock ECU (as far as I know) I want to change the muffler as I hate it being so quiet! I came from a VERY roudy sportster to this bike and I miss that loud rumble. I know the Buell will sound a little different but still, I need my noise!

Anyhow, if I installed the Jardene GP muffler, I'm sure I would have to re flash the ECU but I am finding very scatterd info on this. The main thing I keep seeing is the RACE flash, I don't honestly even know what that means! I would just need to be able to ride the thing. What would be my best route here? Do maps exist for the combo of high flow air filter and Jardene?

Again, sorry for bringing up what I am sure is a well covered topic but I could not find answers.

Check out Buelltooth.com or Buellmods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Check out Buelltooth.com or Buellmods.com
    Thank you.

You will need either an ECMspy cable and software or a buellltooth dongle and android device to flash a race map. Once you have acquired or purchased either of those then proceed to check back in with us and we can walk you through the process of flashing a race map to match your bike.

Totally true ^^^ We will answer any questions you might have, but both of those sites have step-by-step instructions and videos for you as well.

Ok guys. I just put the order in for the Buelltooth. I decided to go with the Magnaflow muffler rather than the Jardine. I'll have a local muffler shop fab the elbow for me and I should be less than $200 all in.

Hopefully the Jardine map will work using this muffler. I also seem to have the 2k RPM hiccup, so having the Buelltooth will let me reset the TPS and hopefully take care of that too.

I'm not a fan of that, but FYI... The bend you need isn't 90* so if they they an off the shelf bend, the swedge will be crooked (and dumb).

Its 87*, hopefully they have a mandrel bender:

or it will be necked way down or even worse, crinkled on the inside radius

They will need to weld a tab (that has a GUSSET) on the leader pipe that bolts to the obvious tab on the bottom front of the engine. You will also need a bracket for the other end of that giant car muffler to the 3/8"-16 threaded bung in the back.

Cheap out and it will be cracked and lying on the road... after it falls off... and you run it over. When you finally get the bike stopped, hopefully still upright, you will run over to your muffler thats still in the street and grab it, forgetting that it's still 200*, burn your fingerprints off, scream and close your eyes, then get hit by a small car. When you wake up in the hospital, you will be handcuffed to the bed because they can't ID you without fingerprints and you'll be shipped to Mexico (behind Trumps 'Wall') and have to sell chicklets and sperm for cash to pay the coyotes for a ride back to the US. When you finally get home your wife has left you, your kids pretend they don't see you and bike will still need a decent muffler.

Have fun! They are very cheap, but still sound ok.

You should talk to the guys at Buelltooth.com They have some inexpensive muffler options (with tuning!) in the works...

Thank you cooter, that gave me a good laugh..

Anyhow, per the advice of someone on facebook I decided against the magnaflow. I actually ordered it and then cancelled.

Anyway, the plan now is either the Hawk or a Jardine. Hawk is cheaper but I can't get them to reply to my messages, so I don't know. I got my buelltooth today and connected with my tablet and that thing is awesome! I love being able to do the active tests and everything, really amazing for what it costs. At this point I am thinking about trying the "race map" to see if it'll get rid of the hiccup I have between 2-3k. The bike has a Uni foam filter and a modded stock muffler though I have no idea what has been done to it.

Do you think the race map would help me out? Would it be a good idea to try the race map, as long as I save my current one? I would also like to bypass the exhaust valve since it is still there but the cable isn't, it "works" as in it turns (at the airbox) but it isn't connected to the muffler. I really wish I knew what was done to it, it isn't very loud at all but it appears from the welds that the entire bottom of the muffler was removed? Ick.

Update.

I got the buelltooth set up with my tablet. Found my ECM model and downloaded the "race" map for it. Within the next week I'm installing a K&N filter, adding slots to the airbox, and having the Hawk mod done to the muffler. I'll install the map at that time and do a TPS reset. Hopefully it all works properly, the ECMDroid really makes it all a breeze.

Sounds like you have a good hang of things so far. Let us know if you have issues with the ecm flash. I always stress reading and re-reading the instructions. Especially when it comes to electronics. It saves time and headaches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast