Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU map with Jardene GP exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplymichaeljr View Post
    Sounds like you have a good hang of things so far. Let us know if you have issues with the ecm flash. I always stress reading and re-reading the instructions. Especially when it comes to electronics. It saves time and headaches
    Thank you, will do. Should be the begining of next week on the flash. Hawk is going to have my muffler over the weekend for the mod.

Muffler went out with the mail today, hopefully begining of the week I'll have it back and be rolling again.

In the mean time I wanted to ask, is the Buell race map the best option for the hawk muffler with K&N filter? Or is there a better more specific map that would be a better choice?

TYIA.

Almost there. I did the open airbox mod today, went to do the breather re-route but it's already done. At this point I'm thinking it may already have a different map in it, I just wonder what it is.

Alright, so I was contacted by buelltooth and I send the map over to him that was in my bike. He said it's a race map with the exhaust valve turned on and adjusted to run very rich. No idea why?

I got my muffler back from Hawk yesterday and got it installed, per the advice of buelltooth I installed the map for a drummer muffler, TPS reset and I rode. I am beyond pleased with the Hawk, it looks mean on the bike and it sounds great though I would like it a little louder but no complaints, it's much better than stock.

I am however running into an issue. Running the drummer map on the bike it will every now and again pop back through the intake, mostly when I rev match my down shifts, and if sitting at idle a quick rap on the throttle will cause it to bog. In addition to that when it's cold it does not want to idle. It seems to idle ok when warm but when cold it wants to stay around 600rpm and it just stalls. It's almost like it isn't compensating for being cold and it's trying to run as if it's warm. I did the TPS reset several times just to make sure it was right and this idle problem will not go away. I tried a few different maps to see if I could get rid of the bogging and the micron map seemed to give me the best throttle response without any bogging but with that one the idle would hang at about 2k and come back down VERY slowly after revving..

At this point I am waiting until I can ride again and I will do a data log and send it over to buelltooth and see what they're thinking on it.. Otherwise, very please with the Hawk, I'm super happy with my bike now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12