Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I out of my mind? Never mind....I am....

Am I out of my mind? Never mind....I am....

So, the shop that mounted and balanced the new tires on my Buell also got my 1990 CBR to do a little work on. So when I picked up the CBR I started chatting with the owner...just about different stuff. As it turns out he used to sell a lot of stuff online but it ended up being way more hassle than it was worth to him. So, being an avid online seller myself, I asked him if he still have stuff to sell.

He said, "Yeah, tons".

I asked him what he was going to do with it. His response "Do you want to buy it?"

I asked him what it was and how much he wanted to for it. His price I thought was more than fair so we worked out a deal. So now, after I move all this stuff home (I have NO clue where it's all going to go!), I'll be in the motorcycle parts business. TONS of stuff. These pictures and video show less than half of the stuff.....I'm going to be busy for a while!

Outside of Ebay, what are the best sites for selling motorcycle stuff?

20170207_155840.jpg

20170207_155846.jpg

20170207_155852.jpg

20170207_155917.jpg

20170207_160904.jpg

https://youtu.be/ZwbnG47rXG8

Warner

Do you have a triple tree stand for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayHum72 View Post
    Do you have a triple tree stand for sale?
    Honestly, I'm not sure what that is. And I won't even know what I have until I get it all home. Hoping to get much of that done this weekend....

The best advise I can give you for selling this kind of stuff on-line is to inventory and take a picture of every item that is there.

( This is a lot of work and is time consuming if it is a pile of parts. Unlike you purchasing a bike and stripping it yourself.)

Make sure that every item has a date code with the range of fitment, manufacture, model, description of item, and lastly color. ( Color only to differentiate between multiple "like" items.)

ie... 07 08 Suzuki GSXR1000 Rear Tail Section White / Blue ( Which if you have I would be interested in. Color does not matter to me. )

The reason for the above is that these are common search phrases.

Next open a Facebook page ( Because it is the cheapest to open unlike you own web store ) and upload all of the pictures with the information as tags to the pictures.

When people do internet searches with pictures, your stuff will pop up. ( Keep re-posting items to keep it current if someone is using a date range search function.)

Also use e-bay and craigslist to promote the items you are trying to sell. ( Pictures & inventory tags are the key.) If you decide to not do this, your best option is to go to flea-markets and swap meets, but this will use up allot of your time and money.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Disturbed1; 02-08-2017 at 11:22 AM.

A triple tree stand is a front wheel stand with an attachment and a pin that goes into the lower tree stem. Looks like you have alot of stands and they should sell quick if you price them correctly.They aren't that much on eBay delivered to the door new.......

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1 View Post
    The best advise I can give you for selling this kind of stuff on-line is to inventory and take a picture of every item that is there.

( This is a lot of work and is time consuming if it is a pile of parts. Unlike you purchasing a bike and stripping it yourself.)

Make sure that every item has a date code with the range of fitment, manufacture, model, description of item, and lastly color. ( Color only to differentiate between multiple "like" items.)

ie... 07 08 Suzuki GSXR1000 Rear Tail Section White / Blue ( Which if you have I would be interested in. Color does not matter to me. )

The reason for the above is that these are common search phrases.

Next open a Facebook page ( Because it is the cheapest to open unlike you own web store ) and upload all of the pictures with the information as tags to the pictures.

When people do internet searches with pictures, your stuff will pop up. ( Keep re-posting items to keep it current if someone is using a date range search function.)

Also use e-bay and craigslist to promote the items you are trying to sell. ( Pictures & inventory tags are the key.) If you decide to not do this, your best option is to go to flea-markets and swap meets, but this will use up allot of your time and money.

Good luck.
    Great advice. I appreciate the time you took to make those suggestions.....thanks much!

Warner

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    A triple tree stand is a front wheel stand with an attachment and a pin that goes into the lower tree stem. Looks like you have alot of stands and they should sell quick if you price them correctly.They aren't that much on eBay delivered to the door new.......
    Yeah, I'll have to figure out pricing on stuff. I'll NOT be looking for the highest prices that anything ever sold for....trust me...

Thanks,

Warner

How about giving your buell brothers first dibs !

Inactive
    there's a reason this guy sold you his "tons" of parts. you're about to find out what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    there's a reason this guy sold you his "tons" of parts. you're about to find out what it is.
    Oh, I know it's going to be a TON of work as well. But for what I paid, I can't lose financially.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast