Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I out of my mind? Never mind....I am....

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    How about giving your buell brothers first dibs !
    Just let me know what you're looking for. It will take me a while to figure out what I HAVE, of course.....after I get it all home.

Warner

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    Oh, I know it's going to be a TON of work as well. But for what I paid, I can't lose financially.....
    that's not what i'm talking about.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    that's not what i'm talking about.
    You don't think there's any value there?

Warner

I hope your little venture works out for you man. You must look at how much your personal time is worth, taking pics takes time, posting on eBay takes time and money and no guarantee of a sale, posting on clist takes time and then when people come to your house you're really putting yourself and your belongings "out there"......looks likes mostly jap stuff. Go to your local race track and post a flyer up, guys crash bikes and need parts, guys buy crashed bikes to build race bikes and need parts. Hope it all works out for ya...

Never falling for this kind of deal again. Bought a huge crate full of blast parts and 3 rolling bikes (close to complete). Got lucky on selling most of it in one swoop. But spent tons of time and energy on it and made a few hundred profit....

^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you enjoy this, and are excited about it, and can make money doing this, then more power to you.

People think my motorcycle habit is dumb and a complete waste of money.

On paper, they are 100% correct, but it brings a smile to my face, and you can't take the $$ with you, so why not!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-08-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Guys, I'm buying everything for $1,500. How much does an average gas tank sell for? $50? There has to be 20 of those alone. That's a grand. There are plastics from probably 20 bikes...no more than that, even. Exhaust systems, seats, shocks, stands, wheels, forks, fenders, all kinds of parts.....a bunch of stuff that I haven't even seen yet. Tons of work? Sure. I've done plenty of deals like this. My goal is to sell the minimum number of items required to recover my initial investment. After that, who really cares how long it takes to sell the rest? After the initial work of getting it all home and sorted is done, it'll be fun.
    Last edited by Webbie; 02-10-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    Guys, I'm buying everything for $1,500. How much does an average gas tank sell for? $50? There has to be 20 of those alone. That's a grand. There are plastics from probably 20 bikes...no more than that, even. Exhaust systems, seats, shocks, stands, wheels, forks, fenders, all kinds of parts.....a bunch of stuff that I haven't even seen yet. Tons of work? Sure. I've done plenty of deals like this. My goal is to sell the minimum number of items required to recover my initial investment. After that, who really cares how long it takes to sell the rest? After the initial work of getting it all home and sorted is done, it'll be fun.

You're making money AND having fun? I fail to see the problem.

Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You're making money AND having fun? I fail to see the problem.

Carry on!
    Right? Thanks.

Warner

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast