Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECM loses changes after power cut

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Sorry, I assumed you were using ECMDroid

What software you are using would have been helpful.

You say you burned a change and the ego immediately stopped changing, so it obviously worked. This is not true. TunerPro only allows one side of the software to work at a time, the xdf or the adx. If you were reading live data with the adx side connected, you can't make any changes, and when you tried to make a change it most likely turned off the adx side, making it look like the ego stopped. You need to disconnect from the adx side, then connect on the xdf side before you can then upload a change.
    AZ, sorry I didnt get into details while writing everything I did, but I skip parts that sounded obvious. I stoped receiving live feed from the ECM to be able to upload data. After burned data I started data acquisition again.

Ive been using both Tunerpro and Ecmspy.

What are you using to connect to the bike? I wouldn't say that it looses changes, I would bet it's not actually getting the change. There is no memory in the ecm to revert back to original, so it's actually not possible. Does TunerPro say upload successful after you upload?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with the TX on your cable or dongle

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    What are you using to connect to the bike? I wouldn't say that it looses changes, I would bet it's not actually getting the change. There is no memory in the ecm to revert back to original, so it's actually not possible. Does TunerPro say upload successful after you upload?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with the TX on your cable or dongle
    Im sure problem is not the interface. I have an USB cable and also a bluetooth and it happens to both. Also my mechanic connected his device from Magnetti Marelli maybe that looks like the dealers' computers and it couldnt also write changes. And yes TunerPro confirms upload was sucessfull.

Tim from IDS said it is possible this happens. Data is phisically written on the ECM after ignition is cycled off, while it's on new data is kept in a "volatile" memory. According to him it's necessary the ECM has 12v power even when ignition is off exactly to perform the write procedure.

I'm glad to say I found what was wrong and was able to easily fix it.

Just like Tim said I had a wiring issue. There is a 3-pin Deutsche connector that sits besides the lower part of the fuse housing. One of the wires of this Deutsche was about to break. It was already exposed, maybe due to being scratched against some metal part. Repaired it and now ECM works like a charm.
    Not sure what is this connector for, I'll try to take a look at the electrical manual for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12