Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess I'm getting old. No offense lunatic, buell248 u know all u old guys LOL!

Guess I'm getting old. No offense lunatic, buell248 u know all u old guys LOL!

Just wanted to gloat a little bit LOL. Been wanting a Harley for a while now. (i did start on one after all!) Since i got the lightning sold, i went for it! Used 2013 slim with 1600 miles on it for 10k. Totally stock when I rode her home last weekend and by the end of this weekend a whole bunch of new parts!! I've only got about 100miles put on it so far, but i dig it. Really wanted something lower than the Uly to ride with the wife. Oh boy is it low, already knocking the powder coat off the foot boards! Guess i need to slow down and save the cornering for the ULY!! So here's some pics for you viewing pleasure.

The lightning the day it left, man it looked good, almost hard to sell!

The slim the day it came home and then the day i started modding:

All the new parts :

and of course still my favorite bike wearing its new paint!

ooooo /\ those look super fun!!!! congrats!

Im old, I didn't sell out....lmfao. They look comfy though.20160702_114310.jpg

I'm just goofing w you guys. Those bikes are beautiful and probably won't shake kidney stones loose.

Very nice BB I like it .

I'll be in your boat soon. It's not much fun to take the Lil lady on long rides on the good ol bolt. And I don't take her on the 1125r lol. I'm looking for a road glide. But, she wants to get herself a sport bike this year so the road glide might have to wait another season. Nice bike btw. How do you like the ride with the both of you on it?
    Last edited by Simplymichaeljr; 02-12-2017 at 02:05 PM.

I'm just goofing w you guys. Those bikes are beautiful and probably won't shake kidney stones loose.
    the slim is almost certainly more comfy than your chop (which is damn cool BTW). but it doesnt soak up the bumps like the ULY thats for sure!
    I started riding on a hardtail (with my wife who was my GF at the time) don't miss not having rear shocks lol!

Very nice BB I like it .
    Thanks Man!

How do you like the ride with the both of you on it?
    dunno yet. its still not even in the 50's for highs here so havent been able to coax her on it quite yet. she liked the back of the ULY just fine, but shes barely 5' tall and it was a pain for her to climb up the uly and a pain for me to hold it up while she did it... I'm sure it'll be pretty good. A touring model harley(like a road glide) obviously would've been even better for comfort but more $ for a comparable year and miles bike and the softail is just more my size. and my dad is a softail guy....
    (dad's bike)

My wife is the one getting to old. If we ride the Buell more than an hour she is an angry woman on the back of it. So I went and picked up a stock 09 Night Train in August. All of the non-stock stuff is my doing. When we ride together we take the Night Train. By myself, I'm on the Buell. She's a happier wife, so I have a happier life.

Night Train.jpg

Buelly you still have that ironhead chop?????

Inactive
    hey cody: that pic of you on the sportster based chopper is pretty darn cool and super period-correct. never saw or heard of a "slim" in the new H-D lineup but looks like a great bike and a very nice ride. happy you found what you were looking for. regarding women/the aging process/home serenity/riding.....age 63 has taught me many valuable lessons one of which is the following: regardless of how fond you are of any particular bike....if "Queen-Bee" isn't happy on the back of it shop for something that she IS happy perched upon. it's a small price to pay to keep the Queen happy and divorce lawyers at bay.

Last edited by user_deleted; 02-12-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast