Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Harley Clothing Stores?

Dedicated Harley Clothing Stores?

So I was in Wyoming this past week and noticed a Harley store. I thought, "Well let me check that out, maybe something to look at on the showroom floor." I walked in and there was nothing but clothing everywhere. Cheap, ugly and made in China. Clothes that a homeless dude would turn down because he has too much self respect to been seen in such threads.

I understand brand motorcycle gear, but dedicated clothing stores with no motorcycles? Is Harley for real? Is Harley trying to compete with Hot Topic? What is the ultimate goal here?

Banned
    There are some Harley stores with clothes only here in Seattle too.

Branding?

Ask Jesse James or OCC how the money came in. Hint: It wasn't ****ty theme bikes.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Branding?

Ask Jesse James or OCC how the money came in. Hint: It wasn't ****ty theme bikes.
    use caution in your tone there shaughn. the teutuls are a loving, kind, generous family of brilliant fabricators who have not only given the motorcycle world some of the most brilliantly designed and engineered bikes in history.....but their love, dedication, respect and admiration for each other warms the hearts of fathers and sons everywhere.

I don't know if it was done for the camera or not, sad to see. The son took that crap for a lot of years, Sr never should have had kids because if he was a tyrant when they became men, I'd hate to think how he was when they were little.

Yes, lots of our crap coming from China, I shoot traditional archery, the forum has about 40,000 members world wide with most of us living in the USA. We pretty much buy made in USA gear and from the sponsors of the forum. Really good quality stuff that lasts a very long time.

I've learned in my years that cheap very rarely is worth it.

Yeah in Savannah there are two Harley shops one clothing only on River Street, in San Diego there is a Harley shop next to the USS Midway that's clothing only, and Tombstone AZ the Western town is clothing only. I've seen quite a few but I'm a patch and poker chip collector.

When my union hands out stickers, t shirts, jackets, hoodies, windbreakers, hats, license plate rings, etc they are ALWAYS American made if not union made. My post isn't about unions, I've been on both sides. Harley Davidson should be boycotted for selling Chinese clothing! Pathetic.....20170213_114414.jpg

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    When my union hands out stickers, t shirts, jackets, hoodies, windbreakers, hats, license plate rings, etc they are ALWAYS American made if not union made. My post isn't about unions, I've been on both sides. Harley Davidson should be boycotted for selling Chinese clothing! Pathetic.....20170213_114414.jpg
    wally: i'm a few minutes east of the York assembly plant. that plant has been there since the depression era. if you knew the crap that went on there to bypass the unions....where alot of the parts are sourced....you couldn't and wouldn't believe it. example: all the saddlebags-all the wiring harnesses-all the fairing assemblies-all the gauge cluster assemblies----all assembled, wired and tested off-site by minimum wage folks and local vo-tech school kids.

The shop I went into had no customers even though the neighboring stores were bustling with people.

Just like H-D and others, I would like to get to the point where my business isn't allowed to fail.

I could continue to mis-manage it, mis-appropriate funds, abuse labor, and still the .gov will step in and allow me to make money with my out dated, crappy, business model.

'Sigh' some day....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast