Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 xb9s lightning

Alex, he and we know your a little frustrated, and he (Lunaticfringe) knows you have a little knowledge, we can also relate a little too the language barrier, but I am sure you know how to count ! He gave you numbered instructions, do each as stated in the instructions, do nothing else, as that might create other problems, then report back the results so he can help you proceed or that your bike is up and running, which helps everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^^LeVan: absolutely no idea here what that was all about. there has been a million posts on here thru the years regarding "bad gas" as the possible culprit or suspect in alot of buell maladies and ailments. personally i've never been convinced that the fuel had anything at all to do with any of these problems. switching from 10% E blend to straight gas then back again to E blend should mean nothing. the "small motor" argument is baseless. i say that as i do it all the time on many of my XB's....my toyota which like your scion is a little 1.5L motor not much larger than one of my XB's....and have never had a CEL nor any sort of rideability/driveability problem. right down the road from me is a pure-gas station virtually identical to the one you described. never a problem. but i'll tell you one thing LeVan: if you could pull up the stored code associated with your CEL during this event i'd bet it's #13......as in O2 sensor fault. if you delve into this further and use the jumper wire method to retrieve and read any stored codes just count the flashes associated with the read-out and i'll be happy to interpret them for you.
    Thanks for the input John. I jumped the diag. connector and I get 10 flashes. So according to what I've read about the codes, I guess it didn't store any. Oh well, no problems currently. I was thinking that pure gas 93 would be better than 93 ethanol blend. I may try some more of his pure gas again next time I need some. Do you ever run any type of additive with your gas, for example: Stabil, Sea Foam, Lucas?

Inactive
    levan: i'm guessing it was some odd anomaly with the O2 sensor that came and went. if you observed 6 rapid flashes in 2 seconds....followed by a 2 second pause...then a series of flashes that can be counted those are the assorted trouble codes. if all you received was a steady stream of regular flashes with no pauses then no trouble codes present and stored. regarding additives levan i never ever use them in motor oil or trans fluid. i do approx. 1X per riding season run a bit of seafoam thru the fuel system as per the directions on the container. never anything else. i tend to think it keeps the system fresh and injectors clean but that's about it. just once or twice perhaps during the year. if i lay a bike up for several months i always add stabil to the fuel system as per directions, run the bike for 10 minutes or so, and park it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12