Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DDFI-3 tuning with stock o2 sensor

ECM can be updated to 2010 specs, BUT, you have to do the fuel pump as well and a couple other things, I think. Email tech@ebr.com and ask Dan what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    I would be curious as to how you are turning on the front O2 sensor in the ECM. I'm sure I could Google it, but sounds like you already know what you're doing.
    AZ it is just a matter of wiring the new sensor to the pin 31 on the grey ecm connector. And after enable the front cylinder closed loop on Ecmdroid or TunerPro, both will do.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaff View Post
    AZ it is just a matter of wiring the new sensor to the pin 31 on the grey ecm connector. And after enable the front cylinder closed loop on Ecmdroid or TunerPro, both will do.
    I confirmed this does not work today

Pin 1 = front afr
    Pin 31 = O2 sensor 1, model year 2010
    Pin 32 = O2 sensor 2
    Pin 33 = rear afr

All on the grey connector. If you want both O2 sensors to work, you'll have to upgrade the ecm to 2010 specs. The widebands send data, but the ecm will not actually utilize it. Record it, yes, use, no. This also means you have to upgrade the fuel pump though. Email EBR if you want to pursue it, they (Dan) know what you need to do.

Correct Dean.

Although, I believe you can still do it in the 08-09 firmware, but you need to know how to edit the xdf in TunerPro so that you can enable it. Other than an error mask, there is no options for a front O2 sensor in ECMDroid.

I confirmed this does not work today
    Did you make the wiring to the ecm and it didnt work?
    I talked to a guy from badweb that made this to his 08 XB and he told me it worked flawlessly. He also forwarded me his .bin eeprom file.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Pin 1 = front afr
    Pin 31 = O2 sensor 1, model year 2010
    Pin 32 = O2 sensor 2
    Pin 33 = rear afr

All on the grey connector. If you want both O2 sensors to work, you'll have to upgrade the ecm to 2010 specs. The widebands send data, but the ecm will not actually utilize it. Record it, yes, use, no. This also means you have to upgrade the fuel pump though. Email EBR if you want to pursue it, they (Dan) know what you need to do.
    Actually ECMs starting in 08 are already "2010 specs" since the hardware is exactly the same. It is a matter of wiring what is necessary and making the changes to the eeprom, but hardware speeking, they're exactly the same.
    The stock ECM in my bike is BUE1D and have a spare one with BUE2D. Both have the option to turn on front closed loop inside TunerPro.

Correct Dean.

Although, I believe you can still do it in the 08-09 firmware, but you need to know how to edit the xdf in TunerPro so that you can enable it. Other than an error mask, there is no options for a front O2 sensor in ECMDroid.
    Actually there is the option already mapped on TunerPro.

Yes, I wired it to the ecm.

There is no options, in ECMDroid. I have looked in TunerPro before, and 90% sure there is no option in the standard .xdf files to enable the from O2.

The 2008-2010 ecms are the same hardware wise, but not firmware. BUE3D is the only firmware with dual O2 sensors enabled. Like Dean said, you can have this firmware flashed by HD, or you need to modify the .xdf to enable the option of turning on the front O2. Which I don't even see that in the breakdown of the hex code on ecmspy.
    Last edited by AZmidget91; 03-14-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Each firmware that supports a front AFV also supports (has to support) an independent front CL. E.g. http://ecmspy.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?ecm=90&offset=368

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast