Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DDFI-3 tuning with stock o2 sensor

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Yes, I wired it to the ecm.

There is no options, in ECMDroid. I have looked in TunerPro before, and 90% sure there is no option in the standard .xdf files to enable the from O2.

The 2008-2010 ecms are the same hardware wise, but not firmware. BUE3D is the only firmware with dual O2 sensors enabled. Like Dean said, you can have this firmware flashed by HD, or you need to modify the .xdf to enable the option of turning on the front O2. Which I don't even see that in the breakdown of the hex code on ecmspy.
    That doesnt make sense to me since back in 2008 1125 models already had dual oxygen sensors, dual closed loops and BUE3D didnt exist yet. And they shared the same ECM with the XB models which is Y0152.1AM. Same hardware, same firmware.

In a 30 minute I'll get to office and send you a print screen of what I think is the command in TunerPro to get it enabled.

Here we go:

fronto2.jpg

Looks like I was wrong, and missed it on both ECMSpy and TunerPro

Looks like I was wrong, and missed it on both ECMSpy and TunerPro
    If you succeed please keep us posted. My project of installing the front bung is delayed as I thought it was better to remove the header for welding instead of doing it in place.

I'll attempt it again this weekend, and let you know how it goes.

I'll attempt it again this weekend, and let you know how it goes.
    How did it go? Were you able to give it a try?

I have just faced something weird, at least to me, so I´ll go ahead and ask you guys.

I got a spare ECM here which came from a 2009 1125 with BUE2D firmware. When I downloaded it eeprom I realized its fuel maps have higher resolution than mine BUE1D. However, a very nice guy from another forum supplied me with the eeprom from his bike which is exactly the same I ride: 2008 XB12x. He had his ECM reflashed at the stealership a couple of months ago and he assured me it is completely stock. I opened up these fuel maps and realized they´re different from the 1125 in which they have different resolutions. Even the BUE2D map for the XB12 has lower resolution, identical to my BUE1D. Only the 1125 BUE2D has higher resolution. So my question is: I think I know the answer, but anyway, is it possible to "create" new RPM colums on the XB eeprom to make it equal to the 1125? If it´s not, which I think is the answer to the previous question, do any of you tried to remap the 1125 eeprom and ride it on the XB?

Yes, you can change the resolution and rpm values in TunerPro. DDFI3 all have the same size map, but they don't all use the same axis. You need to just enter all the rpm points you want in the fuel map axis table.

Never tried a 1125eeprom on a XB. I have been told none of the softwares read or write all of the pages of the eeprom, and not knowing what is on those pages would be enough to kept me from trying. If you can read and write all the pages, you can change the firmware. I'm sure Gunter knows if it is possible or not. Sure wish he would release his next version with firmware update to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaff View Post
    How did it go? Were you able to give it a try?
    Didn't get around to it

Yes, you can change the resolution and rpm values in TunerPro. DDFI3 all have the same size map, but they don't all use the same axis. You need to just enter all the rpm points you want in the fuel map axis table.
    AZ, are you sure TunerPro let´s us change rpm values? I couldn´t figure out how to do it. Check the screenshot below:
    tunerpro.jpg

There are three greyed buttons and the first one reads "Edit linked X-Axis table" which perhaps is the function needed to change RPM values. However it is disabled, can´t use it.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast