Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amsoil , What is the next best iol ?

Amsoil , What is the next best iol ?

Amsoil , What is the next best oil ?

I dont want to open up a can of worms here or get beat up over this question. But, What is the next best oil ? That comes close to Amsiol ?
    Last edited by Silverrider; 03-05-2017 at 08:10 PM.

There is no substitute. All other oils are inferior. Can closed.

I started using Amsoil around 1977. There was actually another synthetic that was also very good but they didn't market their products the same way and I guess, went out of business. This was when everyone I knew said I was nuts and my engine would blow up ! I just laughed at them since they new nothing about lubricants. I didn't know much more than them but it was enough to get me started. I'm sure something will come along if it hasn't already, the question though should be, who would be willing to try it and how much better would it be ? Back in the late 70's and early 80's when I was using Amsoil in my vehicles, most of my friends refused to because they said the Mfg. Co's said they wouldn't warranty it if anything happened. Most Harley dealers said the same thing, one told my friend, don't use that stuff it'll ruin your motor and trans. One of my friends finally gave in and started using it, well ends up everyone who new each other lived in the same area and during a bad Northeaster, all the bikes went under salt water ! The only bike that survived was my friends and, he was told by the same Harley dealer that told him not to use Amsoil that, the only reason his bike survived was because of the Amsoil, needless to say, that's all he uses now.

One other thing, besides the oil one must remember that a really good filter is necessary, but I've heard that the Amsoil oil filter is too restrictive in the buells, at least the he XB series and, that would be a major reason for not being able to extend oil drain intervals, but it still pays to use the oil because of the protection.
    Last edited by njloco; 03-04-2017 at 07:09 PM.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...49617-Oil-Poll

Don't forget to vote. It looks like Amsoil is smashing the poll tho.....

According to the poll Mobil is #2, but a very far #2.

I'm surprised to see RoyalPurple isn't #2. That's all I pretty much ever used in my bikes after working for some gear head machinists that got me turned on to it.

Whatever God uses!

"Whatever G-d used " there is one problem with that, it's that same as saying whatever Chuck Norris uses. No matter what oil G-d uses it will perform very well, whatever oil Chuck Norris uses will also perform very well because the oil would be afraid not to !

Banned
    Mobil 1 is next better oil for sure.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 03-06-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Hey Silverrider.
    That was Mobil One extended performance what about Mobil One Motorcycle 4T 10-40 synthetic?
    I'm using it in my Duc 999 and I hope it's better than the Extended Performance!?!
    BTW, I just purchased a 2009 Buell XB twelve R, and it arrives this Thursday, so to make sure I treat her right I'll go Amsoil 20-50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast