Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: newb needs advice

newb needs advice

Hi all !! just purchased a 2007 XB12s and I have a pulsating front brake. does anyone know a place where I purchase a new one.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnboub1 View Post
    Hi all !! just purchased a 2007 XB12s and I have a pulsating front brake. does anyone know a place where I purchase a new one.
    all XB front rotors the same for all years. EBR offers new but if you're price shopping a top quality new rotor that is priced right is the EBC rotor. available on both amazon and ebay. simply type in "buell front rotor" in search window on either site and they pop right up. IMPORTANT: prior to taking the new rotor plunge might i suggest that due to pricing on them you try the following:
    1- remove wheel....remove rotor....have local machine shop "ball-mill" both surfaces...clean and check rotor mounting hardware...thoroughly clean the rotor spring and spring mount hole....reinstall and try. this often times rids the bike of that incredibly annoying lever pulse. if it does not then take the new rotor plunge. depending on mileage you'll also want to replace the rotor mounting hardware. ebr the source for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    all XB front rotors the same for all years. EBR offers new but if you're price shopping a top quality new rotor that is priced right is the EBC rotor. available on both amazon and ebay. simply type in "buell front rotor" in search window on either site and they pop right up. IMPORTANT: prior to taking the new rotor plunge might i suggest that due to pricing on them you try the following:
    1- remove wheel....remove rotor....have local machine shop "ball-mill" both surfaces...clean and check rotor mounting hardware...thoroughly clean the rotor spring and spring mount hole....reinstall and try. this often times rids the bike of that incredibly annoying lever pulse. if it does not then take the new rotor plunge. depending on mileage you'll also want to replace the rotor mounting hardware. ebr the source for that.
    As the wise man ( John ) has said, clean and check rotor mounting hardware...thoroughly clean the rotor spring and spring mount hole....reinstall

Even just scothbriting the surfaces and bedding new pads can be a solution.
    I suggest you clean the mounting hardware and do that before buying one!

awesome !!!
    I will try these solutions and if pulsation is still there I will get new rotor.
    I absolutely love this bike, my last bike was a CBR600, and look forward to good weather to truly enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnboub1; 03-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.

That S must be a real rocket ship !

not sure yet, you would know way more than me. I maybe put 20 miles on it so far. I do plan on getting it on the local track and seeing what she has.

njloco means....

oh nevermind. Enjoy the ride! She looks great!

thanks Cooter !!! and yes I realized njloco was referring to the vertical pic LOLOL .... my bad

another small question....would you recommend a chain conversion ??

Just ordered new pads today for this reason. Planning on pulling the rotor this weekend to clean it with scotchbrite pads on my angle die grinder

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast