Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: newb needs advice

I got a crispy dollar says your right SMJ. Hope so!

That's the message that pops up when I forget to flip the switch. *palm to forehead*

key is on... switch is on.... bike was idling

sorry Cooter
    Last edited by Johnboub1; 03-24-2017 at 11:26 PM.

is there drivers that I should have acquired ???

Did you try the other comm port? Can you post a screen shot. ...that will eliminate the guess work.

I had to download and try several drivers before I got close to getting ECMSpy to talk to my bike. Even then, I had to jump around to the different USB ports on my old laptop.
    Keep at it, you'll get the right combination of drivers & USB ports eventually.
    Another thing that helped me was keeping a trickle charger on my battery. Cycling the fuel system on and off so many times trying figure it out will drain a battery pretty quick.

IMG_0297.jpgIMG_0299.jpg

still getting same warnings

ok so here is my timeline of events so tell me where I am lacking in procedure.

1: purchased bike noticed CEL was on and immedilately joined this forum
    2: downloaded ECMSpy and Buell owners manual
    3: purchased cable from NavePoint.com
    4: downloaded driver from www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm but did not install this on my windows 10 laptop because I'm not sure if I need it or not
    5: tried to do this but am obviously ECMSpy illiterate

thanks in advance for any suggestions

Let's narrow down your ECMspy process. Open ecmspy. Connect cable. Turn key on. Turn switch on. Click the button with the key icon in the ecmspy window. *Your bike should now be connected and showing readings in the overview tab* Click the button with the cable icon in the ecmspy window. A drop box appears. Select comm port 3. Click ok. If that port isn't working then select comm port 1 from the drop box. *it will say communication has timed out if it doesn't connect* If you have the correct drivers then at this point you will be able to use the tools in ecmspy. If you're still having issues then PM AZmidget he is a good source for sorting out your tuner software issues. I hope this helps. GL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast