Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Common equipment failure

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Stator, PCV valves, PCV valve grommets, primary cover gasket.
    These items are proprietary and exclusive to the thunderstorm TPEHAK? If they are you understand me completely and i'm on it. I want the things we won't be able to buy, make or cannibalize in 10 years.
    Last edited by midway; 03-13-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplymichaeljr View Post
    Take it to a shop and have them aluminum oxide or glass bead blast it. First try to scotch Brite it yourself
    Good idea. Nothing wrong with the one i have, but to have a spare seems reasonable given how unique. btw that wave design is NICE!

About suspension... anything peculiar or unique going on with the forks? There's a guy selling a set close to me for 250.00 and I'm tempted.
    Last edited by midway; 03-14-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Throttle body assembly and the rubber velocity stack?

Quote Originally Posted by bsd View Post
    Throttle body assembly and the rubber velocity stack?
    What could go wrong with those? Could you even destroy them in a crash? Tell me your experience was not so bad LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    These items are proprietary and exclusive to the thunderstorm TPEHAK? If they are you understand me completely and i'm on it. I want the things we won't be able to buy, make or cannibalize in 10 years.
    I believe primary gaskets shapes are unique for Buell and you might need to change them after few openings of primary case. PCV valves and grommets are unique because they tightly fit in place under frame structure and they start to leak after some time because of grommets rubs plastic valves due to vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    What could go wrong with those? Could you even destroy them in a crash? Tell me your experience was not so bad LOL
    Well I would think that the rubber velocity stack would rot out and crack where it stretches around the T/B and a throttle body shaft/bushing would wear out and get sloppy. Also maybe get an extra header as they can Crack after time? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bsd View Post
    Also maybe get an extra header as they can Crack after time? Just a thought.
    Header, absolutely we would be screwed if no headers were available. I've seen some nice ones around yet. As for the rubber velocity stack if you haven't gone the route of breather bypass (I believe that's what some in here call it) that area seems to stay pretty greased up, not much chance of dry rot.
    Last edited by midway; 03-14-2017 at 04:21 AM.

I have extra gaskets, oil plug o-rings, brake pads, 02 sensor. Simple things. I'm fairly fresh to the Buell scene so I haven't accumulated as much as most on here. I would say having an extra belt would be a smart choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplymichaeljr View Post
    I have extra gaskets, oil plug o-rings, brake pads, 02 sensor. Simple things. I would say having an extra belt would be a smart choice.
    Agreed, I wonder if the belt is custom for Buell or was it bin picked from Harley? I suppose the answer to that will determine if we will see belt shortages in the future.

I think if you cross reference the part # you will answer your own question.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast