Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Common equipment failure

Inactive
    Suzuki Gamma....drool. That ludicrous smoky SOB brings back some old memories...

and some terrifying memories for me shaughn...........like trying to tune one. tell someone today that you own a liquid cooled box-4 rotary valve side carb case induction 2-stroke and they look at you like.....take this guy to the loony bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I think what he's saying is it's normal to get a few parts that are Buell specific and have been proven hard to find, but that's not many. Trying to stockpile every part that may fail is not very efficient and futile endeavor.

Sure, grab an isolator or a belt. The VR on my 1125 says Ducati on it and I thought someone was making new translucent parts in Vietnam or something?

If anyone is still overly concerned about spare parts for their Buell being available another decade from now, I'd say buy a low mileage salvage title bike for cheap and stash it as a parts donor.
    Cooter nailed it !!

Those 2 stroke race replica bikes like the Suzuki Gamma, Honda NS400, and Yamaha RZ500 were cool. Maybe inspiration for the new version?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...ed-in-the-usa/

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    Those 2 stroke race replica bikes like the Suzuki Gamma, Honda NS400, and Yamaha RZ500 were cool. Maybe inspiration for the new version?

OMG! "The bike does not come with wheelie control, traction control or launch control." What the hell is launch control oO.
    There is no class to race it in is there? 500cc at 250lbs ROCKET SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by midway; 03-16-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post

they sure were james and continue their world-wide appeal today. sadly these days a GP500 replica damn near impossible to find along with the fact that state registration here in the US virtually defunct. i won't say that PA is the bellwether for all other states' versions of vehicle laws and registrations....but many states do mirror what PA has on the books and here every single GP replica 2-stroke has been black-listed. you really haven't lived till you've ridden a well-tuned Gamma or an H2 triple.

You haven't lived until you break your ankle by ramming into stacked concrete pipes on a go cart built by a crack head that's powered by the Kawi 750 triple....

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    they sure were james and continue their world-wide appeal today. sadly these days a GP500 replica damn near impossible to find along with the fact that state registration here in the US virtually defunct. i won't say that PA is the bellwether for all other states' versions of vehicle laws and registrations....but many states do mirror what PA has on the books and here every single GP replica 2-stroke has been black-listed. you really haven't lived till you've ridden a well-tuned Gamma or an H2 triple.
    Thanks for the memory jog ,John back in the mid seventys ,it was blue with 3 chrome chambers with the smell of bean oil , High compression heads, ported cylinders, larger carbs, lengthened swing arm., and clip ons. And a bucket of fouled plugs.

Bunch of old farts, Oh, that's right, I forgot, I'm one also !

Inactive
    Thanks for the memory jog ,John back in the mid seventys ,it was blue with 3 chrome chambers with the smell of bean oil , High compression heads, ported cylinders, larger carbs, lengthened swing arm., and clip ons. And a bucket of fouled plugs.

man you nailed it. and a cigar box full of mikuni jets....that will never see the light of day again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345