Thread: Please allow to introduce myself...

Please allow to introduce myself...

Hi there!

I'd like to introduce myself as the new member. I just signed in as nopanicitsmechanic. My name is Andreas, I'm 52 years old and I live in Switzerland. I ride a XB9SX that I bought in 2005. I'm a daily rider as I use my bike to go to work. It has over 90'000km on the odo but I still have that smile when I take off my helmet.
    I signed in because I try to keep my motorcycle going and it can be useful to hear and read from other members about their experiences. My english is poor and that's why I'll probably be quiet for most of the time
    Regards,
    Andreas

Inactive
    hi andreas. on a personal note i can say that you swiss along with the swedes are some of the nicest folks i've ever met.
    at over 90,000 km's or approx. 55,000 US miles accrued on your cityX....i'm sure you have alot of maintenance and repair experiences worth sharing on here. by our US standards that's alot of buell miles. thanks for becoming a board member.

Welcome to the board !

The passion with a Buell bring us altogether from all parts of the globe , Welcome Andreas ! Do you have a pic of your bike you will share with us?

Welcome to the forum Andreas.

Welcome to this twisted home away from home. Tons of great things available on here.

Welcome, Andreas! Saw your other post also...good looking bike! I haven't seen that color before...nice!

Welcome, but I'm already disappointed as I thought I'd be seeing some, Sympathy for the devil ? Just kidding, you know, as in the Rolling Stones.

Welcome, have fun !

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
    In fact these strange machines with a motor that has his roots in the fifties and the frame concept that was far ahead its time when it came out gathers the most interesting people together.
    Different in every sense...that's why I've chosen this color after my accident last October: It's Bermuda Blue, the inspiration was a bikini-picture I saw while in hospital with two broken arms.
    tumblr_on2j3zQ4al1t76uico2_1280.jpg
    The bike fell on my back, as I descended via the fork rod after braking. The paint had a few scratches and the insurance of the driver who blocked my way paid the new paint job and the other parts that had ground contact. That's why she looks and works like new now. The great thing about this color is how it glows especially when weather is grey.

...and thank you lunatic for your sympathy for the Swiss. In my experience you can find nice people all over the world. I only had once the chance to be in the US and I've met so many kind people there that I didn't want to go back. I've friends from allover the world, they come from Portugal, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia/Herzegowina, Albany or Germany and Brazil and I don't want to miss any of these friendships.

Thank you all! Keep on riding!

Andreas

p.s. Music is important, too. At the moment I'm enjoying The Felice Brothers, The High Decibels and Vintage Trouble...The Stones of course are always great, but there are so many cool bands coming up that have good songs and some fresh power.