Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Rear Exhaust Mount for Magnaflow

Custom Rear Exhaust Mount for Magnaflow

Hi Everyone

I recently bought an 03 XB9S and am new to the forum. The previous owner had a Jardine on the bike and then swapped it out for a rigged straight pipe welded directly to the header right before I bought it. The exhaust is stupid loud and I believe the performance has suffered.

One of my friends is a skilled welder and is going to help me chop off the rigged pipe right at the weld to the header and fab up a new setup using a Magnaflow 1148 and stainless pipe. The issue I'm having is that the previous owner didn't have the old rear exhaust mount and the only thing on there currently is the Jardine bracket. I want to fab up a rear mounting bracket that will be very secure and safe. Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help and let me know if I need to add any pictures of the current setup.

D_Adams or I believe buellybagger is who you should talk to. Hope you get that figured out since your only other option is to get new headers.
    Last edited by Simplymichaeljr; 03-26-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion, simply. I'm not too worried about the header portion of the job. It will be fairly easy to chop at the weld and still have plenty of room to mount a down tube. My concern is the lack of rear bracket for the exhaust. I've been having a hard time finding one of the stock brackets to use that doesn't look worn out and chewed up. I figure that something functional can be built and want suggestions of what other people have done with custom rear exhaust mounting brackets.

What's to wear out on the stock bracket? It's aluminum, if anything, it's just in need of a good cleaning. Ebay every week it seems like I see them on there. Rear clamps are 7.5" if you choose to replace the stock mount. EBR still carries the clamps as far as I know.

My exhaust only uses the rear mount with no issues. 20160903_110234.jpg
    It's hard to see from this picture, but it's basically a fab'd up bracket clamped to the exhaust with 2 hose clamps

It sounds like finding a stock rear mount and reinstalling it is the best option. I'll probably go in that direction to save the trouble of fabbing up a new mount. Do I need to buy special bolts to mount the old bracket? I found the original band clamps on the EBR site. I appreciate the help.

I have everything for mounting the stock exhaust if you're interested I can give you a good deal, price including shipping. Send me a PM if you want to work out a deal.

PM sent

Simplymichaeljr, I sent you my phone # is the PM. Not sure if it went through since I was getting a message that your box is full. Let me know if you don't see it.

I got it, I have to dig around in my shop and I'll let you know ASAP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast