Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buell xb parts

i disagree lunaticfringe chinese bearings are no match for usa/germany/italy/japan at 55mph bearing failure isnt a option /when our military uses them in a chopper then il use them/i go to any extreme to avoid the made in china.bearings thats me. you are a very smart man with buells i respect that.you helped me alot/ i think someone over tightened the front axle on my 08 firebolt thats the main reason for having the new spacer when the bearings come i do not want a surprise it was torqued over 40lbs maybe 55-60 the tire doesn,t spin like the lighting xb9s so this is a safety precaution .

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman3577 View Post
    i disagree lunaticfringe chinese bearings are no match for usa/germany/italy/japan at 55mph bearing failure isnt a option /when our military uses them in a chopper then il use them/i go to any extreme to avoid the made in china.bearings thats me. you are a very smart man with buells i respect that.you helped me alot/ i think someone over tightened the front axle on my 08 firebolt thats the main reason for having the new spacer when the bearings come i do not want a surprise it was torqued over 40lbs maybe 55-60 the tire doesn,t spin like the lighting xb9s so this is a safety precaution .
    the derrogatory comment made towards ALL BALLS bearings and seals kits is what my comment was specifically addressing. in the past 30 years i have sold and installed approx. 700 sets of assorted ALL BALLS swingarm/steering head/wheel bearing kits. that's a total of approx. 1400 bearings accruing well over 1,000,000 miles of usage without a single warranty claim, failure, or customer complaint. if your opinion is based upon the fact that a top quality aftermarket motorcycle bearing must prove it's worth by also being used in military helicopters then i wish you well in your search. my opinion based on units sold, warranty claims and accrued mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    the derrogatory comment made towards ALL BALLS bearings and seals kits is what my comment was specifically addressing. in the past 30 years i have sold and installed approx. 700 sets of assorted ALL BALLS swingarm/steering head/wheel bearing kits. that's a total of approx. 1400 bearings accruing well over 1,000,000 miles of usage without a single warranty claim, failure, or customer complaint. if your opinion is based upon the fact that a top quality aftermarket motorcycle bearing must prove it's worth by also being used in military helicopters then i wish you well in your search. my opinion based on units sold, warranty claims and accrued mileage.
    Well there you go, using logic and all.

I bet they use punctuation in military aircraft, so......

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I bet they use punctuation in military aircraft, so......

LOL. classic shaughn!aDw2Qnd_700b.jpg

I'll bet the Army doesn't source Commie Jesus Nuts for your choppers, just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12