Thread: lithium batteries

lithium batteries

anyone using them or thinking about them DO NOT BUY THEM. they are by far the most dangerous battery out there /they can catch your buell on fire/they are over priced junk/i have had 2 in a week from bike master both trash 2 friends had the same problem on there bikes/i have a lightning and a firebolt neither battery had enough cranking power and the one got smoking hot. stick with glassmat old style batteries.fyi

Ymmv.

I have had good luck with these in my bikes, https://www.batterystuff.com/batteri...stz14s-fp.html

They need to have the right specs (not just fit in the hole) and like everything else... You shouldn't get the cheap ones.

BTW this is a weird place to post this thread. It should be moved to the punctuation forum.

^^^^^lol......I use agm, btw. Last for years. I just hook up a battery tender to recharge it and trickle during the winter.

XB's work best with the OEM type batteries.

I'm going to say YMMV.

I have lithiums in both the Blast and the Firebolt. Did my research - bought the right size (not physical, but spec-wise). Blast's is over 3 years old with zero issues. Firebolt's is 19 months old - no issues.

I ride year round (as long as weather is safe for riding). Never a problem...not one.

I have battery tender lithium batteries in both my bikes and have had no issues. If I run into issues, I'll swap them out for something else. If my bike catches on fire, I guess that's an issue I'll handle when it happens.

Problem with the Li batteries is they don't have the CCAs to turn your bike over when it's cool outside. Li batteries need like 2-3 turn overs before they build enough juice for a start in cooler weather. Also, every time you get a failed start your clock/odo get reset.... very annoying.

That can be mitigated by turning the key on a good 30-40 seconds or so before trying to crank the bike.

It gets *really cold here - I've not had a problem with either of my lithium batteries....but I do "warm up" the battery when it's cold and I'm coming home from work. That seems to do the trick for me.