Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking the oil level and question about the cooling fan

@buellybagger oh alright. Wasn't sure if sure if someone had come up with a tune to emulate that logic for the non ddfi3 ecms. I do have the scoop on both sides. I think it was part of the comfort kit? I just bought it and the previous owner had them in there.

Why can't it be running when checking the oil ?

Bc I believe some of the oil would be in the system and not all collected in the swing arm. But someone correct me if I'm wrong

^^^^^The dipstick level is based off the manuals instructions to check while bike is off--which the pump isn't pumping oil into the drive train and is all sitting in the swingarm. It's just like a car.

Don't forget to thread the dipstick until fully seated then back it out to read oil level. I don't see this as part of Lunitic's tutorial in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 04-04-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    Don't forget to thread the dipstick until fully seated then back it out to read oil level. I don't see this as part of Lunitic's tutorial in this thread.
    Yep, did that too. But good for anyone else who happens to read this. I think I just need to get it warmed up more. It's still barely 50 out here in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by cknapp View Post
    Yep, did that too. But good for anyone else who happens to read this. I think I just need to get it warmed up more. It's still barely 50 out here in Michigan.
    As for the cooling fan being annoying, I notice 3 levels of speed depending on outside temperature. I didn't care for it screaming on high last summer while sitting at traffic stops so I looked into the extra scoop from the comfort kit. This has pretty much shut the fan down in 50-60 degree weather and it barely comes on and then only low speed. I think in the heat of this summer I will be very pleased with the extra air scoop. Lance can help you out, easy to install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M0851-7AA-M0...RSzv3~&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    As for the cooling fan being annoying, I notice 3 levels of speed depending on outside temperature. I didn't care for it screaming on high last summer while sitting at traffic stops so I looked into the extra scoop from the comfort kit. This has pretty much shut the fan down in 50-60 degree weather and it barely comes on and then only low speed. I think in the heat of this summer I will be very pleased with the extra air scoop. Lance can help you out, easy to install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M0851-7AA-M0...RSzv3~&vxp=mtr
    Thanks. The previous owner has actually already installed these. I'll have a better idea of how it behaves when I take it for a longer ride. Just got it a week ago and getting the plates in two days. Can't wait

Just to follow up, it got pretty warm (70F) yesterday and I drove the bike hard, oil is about an 1/8th of an inch below full so it's all good. I just needed to get it hot apparently.

Enjoy your Uly! Probably one of the best bikes ever made, even with it's idiosyncrasies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast