Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road trip!

Good for you to get ASE certified. I was a Master Tech for many years. Say what you will about how easy they are to get, but it tells me that person is serious in their chosen career. Or your just 'some guy who knows a lot about cars'.

The trick is to 'know that you don't know'. Experience is king in the field of repair, but know when you've seen the answer 99 times, the 100th will bite your ass.

Here's a freebie to save your Ginger butt in your new career (plagiarized from the book Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance) "If the answer to your diagnostic test is indeterminate, you must enlarge the context of the question."

It means when your lost, step back and take a broader look.

Wow! sorry for the rant

A throttle lock that stiffens the grip rotating, not the paddle that rests on the palm of your hand.

Good for you Ginger. Also good advice....when you have an issue that doesn't make sense look into what someone else has just done to the bike/car your working on.

I have a Kaoko throttle lock on my Uly and have no complaints.

IMG_1737.jpg

Another sideways picture, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Good for you to get ASE certified. I was a Master Tech for many years. Say what you will about how easy they are to get, but it tells me that person is serious in their chosen career. Or your just 'some guy who knows a lot about cars'.

The trick is to 'know that you don't know'. Experience is king in the field of repair, but know when you've seen the answer 99 times, the 100th will bite your ass.

Here's a freebie to save your Ginger butt in your new career (plagiarized from the book Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance) "If the answer to your diagnostic test is indeterminate, you must enlarge the context of the question."

It means when your lost, step back and take a broader look.

Wow! sorry for the rant

A throttle lock that stiffens the grip rotating, not the paddle that rests on the palm of your hand.
    This is why I love forums!!! Guys like you. And thank you for the advice. It will surely come in handy.

Yep, like the one jl551c has...

I just ran across this and it's perfect:

http://www.ironbutt.com/aow.cfm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123