Thread: Max throttle 85%?

Max throttle 85%?

When i use the ECMDroid on my 08 XB12X The throttle value dont exeed 85% and wires seems okey!
    does anyone have a idea what to do to get it up to 100%?

TPS reset. I believe you don't need ecmspy or a buelltooth for this procedure.

First thing I would do is take off the air box and filter and visually see where the throttle blade is at when the grip is at WOT if it is straight up and down you are getting a false reading from the TPS. If it is slightly clocked the 85% is probably reading right, so you are going to want to see what is limiting the throttle... most likely at the grip throttle tube. I's this a new to you bike? Maybe the wrong throttle tube was put in and it is limiting the movement within the housing or the cables were wrongly routed and they are binding somewhere along the way to the throttle body.

I have done TPS reset!

I have done TPS reset!
    And i will do a Visual Check of the throttle blade!

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    First thing I would do is take off the air box and filter and visually see where the throttle blade is at when the grip is at WOT if it is straight up and down you are getting a false reading from the TPS. If it is slightly clocked the 85% is probably reading right, so you are going to want to see what is limiting the throttle... most likely at the grip throttle tube. I's this a new to you bike? Maybe the wrong throttle tube was put in and it is limiting the movement within the housing or the cables were wrongly routed and they are binding somewhere along the way to the throttle body.
    I have checked throttle blade and it is vertical but still 85% and 5% at idle?

Its 4 degrees and 85 degrees. not percent. so 4 degrees (closed) plus 85 degress, is 89~90 degrees i.e. full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by tegge View Post
    I have checked throttle blade and it is vertical but still 85% and 5% at idle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole_DeWoody View Post
    Its 4 degrees and 85 degrees. not percent. so 4 degrees (closed) plus 85 degress, is 89~90 degrees i.e. full throttle.
    Just went out and verified 85 is max TPD reading with visual butterfly full open and yes it is degrees although I don't think adding the 5 degrees is right since this is just what on an 07 and older bike you would have the idle screw stop set at, on my bike it 4.1 degrees closed. ECMdroid is set to read off 10bit data and I think that is where the difference is. If you check you can set 10 bit/TPS voltage/TPD, I put them all on to see and 10bit/TPD stop at 85 of their spectrum where TPS voltage reads across the whole spectrum. I forget what year the XB ECM started to use the 10bit data, 2010? Where as the 2008 up 1125 takes advantage of the 10bit mapping IIRC? It would be nice to chose 8bit data with ECMdroid, one more reason I chose to use ECMSpy still.

Short answer: Nothing to worry about, your TPS is reading fine.

Ok Thanks!