Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    174 hp, 92 ft/lbs
    Attachment 7243
    That's more like it. A ton of RPM for a V-twin the HP curve hasn't even begun to roll over... And look at that torque!!

There's no way it would have been competitive with the 1299 Duck at only 155hp...605ib needs to tune his stuff up,lol.

low-key, its only Fon-tucky. You can make it! Its only 200 miles from you and my BuellXB beer offer still stands
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-25-2017 at 03:39 AM.

I've been to that track once before and observed a mx-5 and 944 track day on the road course that used the straight and bank, it is a very large course. I'll be back with the NPS again this season starting next week so weekends will just be a memory for me for a while.

Go take advantage of Glendora up to the lake/camp/cafe mid week then back down across fork rd to to ridge road out to MT baldy then out to the 210, you can avoid GMR completely this way (it's really not that great... bunch of tar snakes and not really enjoyable at all). This is one of the best rides in the SoCal area!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Here is the tune by Dean adams that I am running .Image courtesy of DynoJet.

174 hp, 92 ft/lbs
    Attachment 7243
    Whateva! My XB makes almost 100hp less than that!

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    I've been to that track once before and observed a mx-5 and 944 track day on the road course that used the straight and bank, it is a very large course. I'll be back with the NPS again this season starting next week so weekends will just be a memory for me for a while.

Go take advantage of Glendora up to the lake/camp/cafe mid week then back down across fork rd to to ridge road out to MT baldy then out to the 210, you can avoid GMR completely this way (it's really not that great... bunch of tar snakes and not really enjoyable at all). This is one of the best rides in the SoCal area!
    GMR?

We need a "good roads" thread....

You haven't heard of GMR!?! Go on youtube and have a look... it was the road to hit BITD at night in a car, and it's good in a car. Those others you will love! Go on google maps and mark out the route I laid out, it's a good ride. Starts out fast sweepers with a reservoir to your right then into a switch back 1st, second gear climb up the face and ends at a little camp ground/cafe, come back down and hang a left at the bridge across the top of the reservoir and snake along a stream then another 1st, second gear climb of switch backs onto the ridge where you can see the ocean on a good day. This is where it's at it's best! The ridge road has no lines and you can spot ahead for about 70% of it so you've got your own motoGP track complete with views on either side! Watch out for roadies and listen for a car or bike that MAY come the opposite direction. You will be dumped out to MT Baldy, a quaint little ski resort tucked where you would least expect it. Have a beer there then down the rest of the way to the 210 and back home. On a Tuesday AM ride you will be lucky to see more than 2 or 3 other cars or bikes after the reservoir cutoff.

My avatar picture is actually where fork rd/ridge rd/GMR converge

I'm sure you've ridden the Malibu area right? Stunt road???

One of the reasons I bought my XB was to ride GMR in and out of Mt. Baldy out to Glendora and the East fork etc... Lowkey says it right, it is incredible. A great road to really dial in your suspension and enjoy the usable torque of the Buell. Mostly 2nd and 3rd gear and probably more than 200-300 sweeping curves over 15 miles. The Mt. Baldy road is often closed during the winter, wildfire, or after an accident. There are a lot of wrecks there and weekend riders but like Lowkey said, a weekday morning ride is a great time to go.

Cooter, is the Fontana event something I can just go and watch or is it a track day/ ticketed event? I'm local and interested in checking it out. Oh and I thought i read something about beer too!

2017-05-26 09.15.25 am.jpg

I'd be down to go back to CA for a ride through Idyllwild to MT Palomar maybe a weekend meet up for a couple of us, stay in Temecula area?
    2017-05-26 09.24.59 am.jpg

I've never done the Palomar / Idyllwild ride. I'm only an hour drive from Temecula, let's do it.

Wow. I love learning something new! I'm so in!
    Thanks so much for the info, I'll detail those maps and lets do a little Buell meet up

In the meantime, I took this beautiful Cali summer day and went inside to grind metal.
    I like the 2" slash cut tips I was generously loaned, but time for a change...

IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    BAZUKO!!!!

Last edited by Cooter; 05-28-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast