Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....Bye.

A better question would have been "how is" the seat height...sorry.

I find specs don't always tell the full story. Let me ask it this way - for those of you who ride (have ridden) a Firebolt, how does the seat height compare?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    What's the SX's seat height? I'm a fairly short guy....
    You'll need Black Lightning.

All,

I don't know if this is common knowledge but there is a cool site www.cycle-ergo.com That site is great for figuring out all the human body geometry relative to any bike.

Yes Cooter, I might be considered a high miler. Seems every place I like to cruise to is 500+miles away. I do not ride much locally-just too much heat in this neighborhood and my work is only 3 miles from my house. I use the XB for that around town stuff.

All,
    Forgot to mention--I took my bike to Chris Rivas V Twin in Fresno for all the EBR stuff. I have every confidence in those guys.

A better question would have been "how is" the seat height...sorry.

I find specs don't always tell the full story. Let me ask it this way - for those of you who ride (have ridden) a Firebolt, how does the seat height compare?
    What is you height ? I( measured my seat height with my 185 lbs on it at 30.5". hope this helps.

I'm a tick under 5'8", and I can't completely flat foot my Firebolt. I weigh 151 pounds.

No worries - I think your info gives me what I need. The EBR may just be too high for me after all.

I'm a tick under 5'8", and I can't completely flat foot my Firebolt. I weigh 151 pounds.

No worries - I think your info gives me what I need. The EBR may just be too high for me after all.
    As TPEHAK says the Black Lighting has lower suspension, So one can always lower a EBR with the front springs and rear top get your feet on the ground, just like a SCG .

Where are you located ??
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-17-2017 at 03:26 PM.

I'm in southwest VA....near Blacksburg.

I thought the Black Lightning never quite got to production? I should be very clear and say that I have no desire to purchase a pre-mod/project bike. I like doing routine maintenance, swapping tires and brakes, upgrading things like belt tensioners and breather systems, etc....but I'm not one with a hankering to do much in the way of geometry changes to a 'new' bike. If the answer is a lowered suspension setup, I'd only be interested in a bike like that post-mod (i.e. someone who really knows what they're doing having already completed the job).

It's all good - I just wanted to see about the feasibility of perhaps riding and preserving yet another piece of Buell/EBR history. My height has been a limiting factor for other interests as well, so nothing new there.

Here is Cooter West, Day off on a SX .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJX8NRZU8rw&t=31s
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-25-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Thats looks exactly how I ride to work everyday!

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast