Thread: Hit a deer!! Need headlight assembly for xb9 2003

Hit a deer!! Need headlight assembly for xb9 2003

Hit deer, broken shoulder blade. Couple broken ribs, minor road rash. Visible only need headlight assembly, left driver foot peg. Hope forks aren't bent. Gotta get it figured out yet. Won't be riding anytime soon, but wanna be ready when able. Thanks in advance!

Oh man that sucks! Deer are so unpredictable even when you have eyes on them. Run out stop, run back, best you just start braking the second you spot one near the road. Really sorry to hear you are hurt, and WOW thanks for posting with a boss attitude reminding us all the wild is all around us all the time.

Banned

Been there done that.. but was lucky both times. Shoulder bumped a deer and got **** on. And hit a turkey two days before thanksgiving.

Get beter..

Was leading the pack and had Bambi jump out close enough, I could see her back hoof go under my bars. Got attacked by a goose, and crapped on by a Hawk. All in the same trip! Good times?

The hawk crapped on you because Bambi was his breakfast and you screwed up his aim ! The goose was your dinner, you missed that opportunity also !

All joking aside, kdb, I hope you feel better soon, that does suck. Your insurance company should pay for damages to you and your bike, don't let them raise your rates as it IS not your fault !

Also for future reference, for my job, I have to drive to remote areas, these areas are loaded with deer. What I do on my bike and in my truck is, toot my horn as I drive, not a lot just a fast toot, the deer hear the sound getting louder as I approach and move to the side of the road as, they don't know what is making the sound, they want to to be where they feel safer and, standing in the open road does not make them feel safe.

After 20 years, I have not had a deer in the road yet, I see them on the side of the road, but not on it.

Very important, from the end of October, to the middle of November, is the rut, all bets are off !

Thanks for the help and kind words. Next step is to take it to the dealership and have them go over it to see what else is damaged. I'm not really much of a wrench so I think that my best bet is to have them just order parts and fix it up? Any other suggestions?

Watching that 2nd video reinforced my vow to wear a jacket, even when hot outside.

Good luck getting your bike fixed. I had a dealer do me right when I dented my frame a few years back. It was more than I wanted to handle. Insurance covered 100%.
    Where are you located?

Southeast mn