Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What slip-on exhuast do I have?

What slip-on exhuast do I have?

Just picked the bike up last night... can't find any markings anywhere... stainless steel can, dual exits.

Can and exits look good but it's not loud or "poppy" enough for me hahaha... I want traffic to hear me. Too many
    instances where people switch into my lane with me right there -_-

[

[

Quote Originally Posted by TheycallmeSpaz View Post
    Just picked the bike up last night... can't find any markings anywhere... stainless steel can, dual exits.

Can and exits look good but it's not loud or "poppy" enough for me hahaha... I want traffic to hear me. Too many
    instances where people switch into my lane with me right there -_-

[

[
    It's the factory buell race exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kole_DeWoody View Post
    It's the factory buell race exhaust.
    Well now I feel like an idiot... haha thank you man. No wonder "google" xb12s slip-on exhaust didn't bring up anything that looked similar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheycallmeSpaz View Post
    Well now I feel like an idiot... haha thank you man. No wonder "google" xb12s slip-on exhaust didn't bring up anything that looked similar.
    As another newbie:-
    Mine is also a twin outlet but in mild steel. I would attach a pic but it's a bit rusty! Not seen another like it here in the UK or in Aus.

I won't feel like an idiot coz I am one!

Many people would be happy to take it off your hands if you want to switch.

If you're looking for loud and simple install go for a d&d. Or I can sell you a ghetto drag pipe for $15 lol https://youtu.be/sc5QcKyRO40

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Many people would be happy to take it off your hands if you want to switch.

If you're looking for loud and simple install go for a d&d. Or I can sell you a ghetto drag pipe for $15 lol https://youtu.be/sc5QcKyRO40
    haha straight -drag pipe lol

I really like the look of the twin exit with bias cut tips... just wish it sounded more "hawk/maybe D&D"... the underside of the exhaust has a large dent like it was "bottomed out so I don't know how much $ I could sell it for.
    Last edited by TheycallmeSpaz; 04-19-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: my grammar sucks balls

It's highly sought after so even with the dent you could sell it for good money;

1) you're not going to find one without that dent these days......it's just a question of how bad it it
    2) I live by the 'your bike, your choice' rule - generally. In this case, if you're going to be the guy that gets rid of a better performing exhaust for a worse performing exhaust simply because you want decel popping, I've got to caution that's a decidedly un-Bueller kind of thing to do.

Just so it is clear to the OP, because I am not sure it is, that is NOT the OEM exhaust. That is an upgraded exhaust that was an available option from Buell Motorcycle Company, and it is called the "Buell race exhaust." It is louder and more free flowing than the stock pipe.

If you want to get something else, the value of that pipe is significant. Selling it will get you a long way to getting another exhaust, if not straight out buy a new one. I recommend Drummer SS or Dean Adams if you want something loud and well built.

P.S. you don't want your pipe to make popping noises..... Do yourself and your motorcycle a favor and get a tune......

Since you have Buell race exhaust on your bike, look under the seat and see what the black box with all the wires coming out (The ECM) says. Does it have big letters on it that say "For Race Use Only"?

And a lot of decel 'popping' is a sign of a lean condition or an exhaust leak. Either way, lame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast