Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Buell XB9SX

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Haha! Sounds like the motorcycle equivalent of a noble viking death! You're on it today you Lunatic!

i mentioned this for a few reasons. one is that new XB owners often times think these bikes can take the abuse that a Jap Big-4 can take. they cannot and they will not.
    more than anything else excess cylinder head heat is the death-knell of most all XB's. revving the hell out of it in hot "stop-and-go" type traffic along with an oil-soaked non-operational fan will quickly result in serious top-end problems.
    i love buells. period. always have and always will. seeing them abused and scrapped horrifies me. i typically advise a new XB owner to maintain the bike religiously, ask sensible questions if stumped on something technical and ride it sensibly. keep the marque on the roads and not in the bone-yards.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 04-27-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Listen to John....

You'll be glad you did!

And congrats :-)
    thanks for the kind words jay. you doing ok? we haven't talked in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    thanks for the kind words jay. you doing ok? we haven't talked in awhile.
    Yes, sir - been crazy busy this semester at the unit, but I'm hanging in there...

Hope you are doing well! I'll send an email this weekend, and we can continue there :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12