Thread: Aftermarket handle bar ????

Aftermarket handle bar ????

I have a 09 xb12scg I put hi rise adapters and pro taper hi bars does anyone no if I have to extend or get new cables

I put Renthal low bars on my SS and the cables are barely long enough to make it work. I've also put the Renthal Streetfighter on my old XB12S. You may have a little more to work with since it's a scg, but probably not much more.

The length of the bar will affect the need for cables more than the height. The only way to know for sure is to bolt that stuff on and make sure nothing binds.

I have a Renthal Ultralow on my 09 XB12Ss. The bike has a XB12Ss clutch cable but a Firebolt throttle cable (installed to make things work when I used to have a Crossroads bar). No problems with those cables combined with the Renthal.

depends on what you consider high rise adapters, really. I have swapped a few different bars on my XB12S using original cables and wiring. My current setup utilizes 1" risers with a Fly racing motocross style handlebar and installation was relatively simple. These bars are very similar to the renthal streetfighters albeit a little wider with less sweep. The renthals were installed both with and without risers with no clearance issues.