Thread: Trouble changing maps with dongle and ecmdroid on XB12

Trouble changing maps with dongle and ecmdroid on XB12

So I installed a Jardine exhaust,K&N filter and did the breather reroute all at the same time on my 2007 XBR. So of course the bike will need a tune so I bought a dongle and downloaded ecmdroid on my android phone. The phone links up with the ecm everything works as it should,I saved my stock map like it says to. The problem im having is downloading a "race map" and burning it to the ecm. When I save a map to my phone from a site like buelltooth and I go in the phone to try and do something with it,it always says this file is not supported. When I link up to ecm go to eeprom and click load, the only tune it recognizes is the stock one I saved. I guess my question is how do I save a race map and burn it to the ecm? When I follow the instructions on the Buelltooth site it doesnt work for me,I thought maybe it is my phone and I should try a tablet. The tune is way off now,bike hiccups and sputters off idle when I roll on the throttle.

Does the firmware version on the tune you have match the version on your ECU? There is an identifier with something like BUEIC or BUEIB etc. Both should, must, be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    Does the firmware version on the tune you have match the version on your ECU? There is an identifier with something like BUEIC or BUEIB etc. Both should, must, be the same.
    Yes my ecm is a BUEIB,the race map I downloaded is the same. I can go in the internal storage files of my phone and find the download,but my problem is I guess I cant figure out how to get the ecmdroid app to find the race tune download. When I click on load in the eeprom editor of the app only tune pops up is the stock tune.

Ok, I think I know what you have going on. The file has to be in the same directory as where your stock tune was downloaded to. The Buelltooth guide assumes you have an SD card when it gives the directory structure, if you don't the directory structure is different. My tablet has no SD card, so the directory structure was Android/data/storage/files/eeprom/ Yours might be the same or different. What you need to do is install a file explorer like My Files or any other thing that lets you look at your phone's directory like a hard drive. Then you just look around till you find your saved file and copy your tune to that directory.

Ultimately, you just have to get that downloaded tune into the same directory that your stock tune was dumped to.
    Last edited by Subarubrat; 04-28-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Thats exactly it ^^^^

ECMDroid won't even let you put in a map from a different firmware (whew!)

But it does need to know where to get it from. Basically you need to put the downloaded 'Race map' into the ECMDroid eeprom file, from wherever it was downloaded to on your device.

Ok so I installed a file manager,I figured out how to move the race map to same file the stock tune was saved to. But when I connect to the ecm and go to eeprom editor and click on load I get a tab that pops up that says no eeprom dumps present. I seem to be doing everything correct,but when I go in editor I cant find the maps.

lets ask our good friend, AZMidget...

https://youtu.be/CzWWu-q-Ksw

I know the video says "how to email", but he also goes into saving and loading up a new one.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-05-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Ride View Post
    Bike is a 2007 XB12,no trouble codes,O2 was never removed only did a slip on muffler,intake mani was not removed,AIT sensor is plugged in tight,I did a tps reset and then set the idle back to 1050rpm. I will double check the tps readings. I read to set the afv to 100% so I did that,it was at 125% when I went to change it. Seemed to hiccup a little worse once I set it to 100%.
    Was the AFV value of 125% after riding the bike at all with the exhaust/K&N or when it was still all stock? That value is adding a lot of fuel, much more than normal if the bike had stock stuff still. Get back to us with the TPS value.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Was the AFV value of 125% after riding the bike at all with the exhaust/K&N or when it was still all stock? That value is adding a lot of fuel, much more than normal if the bike had stock stuff still. Get back to us with the TPS value.
    Ok so I checked the TPS today,fully closed its reading 3.7° and wide open its reading 85.0°....After riding it with the filter and exhaust the AFV was at 125%..After setting it to 100% and riding it again its now at 112%

Born2Ride, ok that makes perfect sense why your AFV was 125% then. PM me your email and I'll give you the 07 Race maps you need to flash to the ECM.