Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me '08. Lots of codes and no power. Possible Fuel Pump. Please help.

changed plugs and no change really. back to the drawing board. Where are the ground straps located?

P0506 - IAC Sys Err (I've removed, cleaned, and verified that the IAC moves when switched on, missing intake hose)

so it doesn't have the hose that is required for the IAC to work or did I miss something and you replaced it...

Mine did something like this a couple years ago. Fouled both plugs badly to the point I couldn't get it to idle.

To fix my problem I pulled the throttle bodies, cleaned everything thoroughly put NEW plugs in (i tried cleaning but acted up still) As soon as brand new plugs were In I had to reset the codes again and reset the TPS and everything went back to normal.

My 08 did not have the IAC tube that connects back to the airbox, while its best to have it that shouldn't cause it to run as described.

Going further, the hard to start isnt too uncommon with these bikes my 09 requires me to cycle the key twice before starting almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by onetuford View Post
    P0506 - IAC Sys Err (I've removed, cleaned, and verified that the IAC moves when switched on, missing intake hose)

so it doesn't have the hose that is required for the IAC to work or did I miss something and you replaced it...
    all the hose does is filter the incoming air from what I understand.

So I just pulled the rear coil connector, and no change in idle or how it runs in general. Think I found my problem. Tested coil with one of the old plugs and no spark at idle with it grounded on the frame.

OK. So I tried two different coils on the rear and checked wiring to the ecm. No change. Put the original rear coil on the front and it runs the same, so the coils are good, just no spark on the rear cylinder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12