Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to forum.

New to forum.

Just wanted to say hi. My name is Gordon and live in Spring Texas and love riding my chopper. Just picked up a 2009 XB12X Ulysses from a buddy and starting to get things cleaned up. Need to get some things fixed but a great motorcycle. I started by removing all the bags and everything mostly from the rear want to use the bike for all street and back roads riding. I have a custom chopper and ride with guys that ride sport bikes and there is no leaning my monster. I have been looking at finding a way to remove the long seat of this model and installing a shorter rider only seat I'm guessing a SS seat. Need to do more research and find parts or if I need to custom make the parts to fit.
    Again thanks for the add and

Hey Godon, good purchase on the ULY! As for a shorter seat, yes you can put the SS, comfort long or the STT seat, you will just need the back tail section (part that houses the tail light/license plate) off of one of those models as well (the S model tail light section is also the same IIRC). The frame rails you have will work fine, you may need to figure out the seat latch/cable as well on that swap.

It is even possible to fit an S model tail section to your longer frame with modification to the S seat rails or having adapters made so that it will fit, you can see more about the conversion here. http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-a-Ss-XB12S1-2
    Last edited by lowkey; 05-07-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Awesome thank you so much for the info !

Welcome to the forum Gordon! We love pics here, so feel free to share your new ride Or your old one, or your other one.... or birds... we like birds too

IMG_1223.jpg
    American Ironhorse Texas Chopper

1982 Honda GL500 Left.jpg1982 Honda GL500 Right.jpg
    1982 Honda GL500 Interstate
    Haven't made up my mind to either go Cafe Racer or Bobber.

20170506_184429.jpg20170506_184433.jpg20170506_184439.jpg20170506_184443.jpg
    2006 Uly Going for a street look and really push it.
    Last edited by Sisemen; 05-07-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Thats a really nice ULY! Can I make a suggestion though? If you have the bags and it is as solid (mechanically) as it looks you may be better off trading a forum member for something closer to what your "end goal" with the bike was going to be. Only reason to stick with that and mod it over swapping is if you are 6 foot something and NEED that much suspension. You should have no problem finding someone to trade or even get a couple bucks in the process because EVERYONE wants a ULY!!! haha

Also that is an 07 or older model, you can tell on the right side of the bike the "cone" that houses the CPS sensor.

Thanks. Fixed the year. I had thought my buddy had said 2009. I will have the bags soon and post them. I have no use for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast