Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: General tuning options and discussion in 2017 (ECMDRoid,ECMSpy etc...)

Thanks lowkey and AZ. I understand the difference between maps, eeprom and firmware (EEPROM type) now! Also, I just pulled my ECM and it's "For Race Use Only", serial BX1PA21GB231 so it IS GB! Should have done that before asking questions!
    I appreciate your help and patience-I'm slow but determined so I'm confident that with your help, I'll master this thing!

mosquito, so your ECM comes up as BUEGB in ECMDroid and is a race ECM? That is interesting, either we are missing some of the listed stock ECM ID's or the info is wrong. Your race ECM ID should be B2RIB for an 07 according to the list.

EDIT:
    Yep, not sure what to make of it but BUEGB is coming up as the race ECM and your serial number points to that is what it is... why is B2RIB listed as the race ID then I wonder? All I'm seeing from 05 to 07 bike referencing the BUEGB as the ID for their race ECM, no mention of B2RIB. I will have to load the stock 04 .txt to pull the ID. I'll make changes to the list on the first post when I can compile the ID's from 03-07.

Also mosquito, you know there is nothing that needs to be flashed on your ECM now right? It's all good unless you data log and tune the maps to go any further.
    Last edited by lowkey; 05-13-2017 at 07:20 PM.

B2RIB is a factory race ECM, supporting a quick shifter, which differs this one from street version BUEIB. An ECM with a part # of BX1PA21GB231 is a plain GB231 with a parameterization for the race exhaust, from the Parts & Accessory catalogue (hence "PA"). B2RIB has "race only" engraved, the other one has it printed. B2RIB came with the PCM software and a connection cable.

Just as a guideline, you can't assume which ECM type you have based off year. There are good guesses, and for the most part they will be the BUE type of ECMs, like Gunter said that's a factory race ECM.

Thanks for that gentlemen!
    I know I don't need to do anything to my ECM in order to use the bike, lowkey, I was concerned that I had put the wrong EEPROM on it because the BUEGB shows up as for a 2004. I do want to do some datalogging using an LC1 WB O2 sensor and hopefully figure out how to get my bad boy to fuel properly! The LC1 came with a guage that shows the AFR so I'm looking forward to seeing that in action!
    And gunter, you are right, my ECM has "For Race Use Only" printed on it rather than engraved and I understand that the difference between it and the stock ECM is the software that came on it.

mosquito, good on you for taking it to the next step and tuning with wide band. Look into wiring the output signal to the ECM so you can record the WB values in the data logs. You've gone that far, might as well have a bung welded to the front header and data log that cylinder too.

Hey guys!
    sorry to hop in on this thread with nothing to add... but I have some questions about what I should do with my XB. I have been reading over this thread and some others, and I admit that a lot of this is over my head. I just want to do what's best for my bike, and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I do have a buelltooth dongle and ecmdroid app, but no computer programs to use, and I have a MAC laptop, so no windows options right now. I know ecmdroid has limitations, and may want to get in to other options, but I don't want to screw anything up either.

I have a Buell Lightning 2009 XB9XS.
    ECM ID: BUEZD
    I have a K&N air filter, and have modified the inner air box to allow more free air, as well as additional free air ports in the outer air box cover, that only help with additional cool air while moving.
    I have a new D&D exhaust (443-11S system) on the way, and am planning to install it next week when it arrives.

I have no idea if the previous owner ever reprogrammed the eeprom files or not. the ECM ID I have is from the ecmdroid app when I used the buelltooth dongle.

I guess I would love to find a file that would fit this setup as close as possible, to burn to my current ECM, but I have never done this before.

any advise for me on this? thanks in advance!

Inactive
    ^^^^^you just started an entire new thread with precisely this same content and question. i would think that will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^^you just started an entire new thread with precisely this same content and question. i would think that will suffice.
    sorry man.... I started the new thread after I posted this, thinking it would be a better way to initiate the conversation to a wider array of people. I guess I should've deleted the post on this thread.
    I am not familiar with proper forum etiquette, and don't spend much time online, but I am trying.
    I greatly appreciate the help on this site, and some I received from you specifically in the past Lunatic. I would be lost with my Buell without this place!

Just recently completed a re-map of a stock 08 XB9SX. Used TunerPro RT to enable/disable options and to modify rpm and tps load axis tables. Used EcmDroid to log data and Megalogviewer HD to create new fuel tables. Used ECMSpy Mono to burn and save msq and eeprom files-resetting the tps etc. Used a Buelltooth module to connect to the bike. Very happy with the results and learned mucho.

Last edited by dodge; 07-05-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast