Thread: Wheel bearings!!

Wheel bearings!!

So my bike has developed a sqeak in the back and I'm pretty sure it's wheel bearings. I havnt replaced them since I owned the bike so it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.
    So my problem is the rear wheel bearings?? The front is easy to find but it seems like the rears are impossible to find??
    Anyone know the numbers? Or are the front and the rear the same bearings?

Don't know where you are located but I did this work front and rear recently just for the hell of it and All Balls has what you need if you don't want to go with the Harley part. Just give them a call and they will sort out what part. They are blue and some in here prefer original color orange so know that to be the case if you care about such things.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/al...fZIGgJTHPD_BwE

[QUOTE=midway;586592]Don't know where you are located but I did this work front and rear recently just for the hell of it and All Balls has what you need if you don't want to go with the Harley part. Just give them a call and they will sort out what part. They are blue and some in here prefer original color orange so know that to be the case if you care about such things.

I normally use All Balls for everything and that's what I was going to use but they only have the front bearings listed. So I'll call them at lunch todayand see what they have to say.

http://motoenthusiasts.bigcartel.com/

If you buy from Moto Enthusiasts you'll be helping support a small business owned and operated by a member of BuellXB.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger25 View Post
    I normally use All Balls for everything and that's what I was going to use but they only have the front bearings listed. So I'll call them at lunch today and see what they have to say.
    Be sure to check the spacer width to the SM specs if a bearing has gone dry. Things might be turning that don't normally turn and wearing where things don't normally wear. I ordered a new rear spacer because it looked pressured on the ends and I thought maybe it was too narrow thus causing the bearings to fail. Cross stresses on bearings if spacer to narrow when the axle is torqued down is no good. I would be right back to dry bearings in no time if not replacing my crushed spacer from idiot previous owner who did not follow SM torque values.