Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EBR 1190....yes or no???

OOoooooooo I could make it to Fontana for that!!

Sadly I believe the EBR is vastly outdated 2014! in a VERY competitive market. It's a FAST capable ride no doubt. Any rider who has enough skill to just turn everything off (like these test riders) will be able to be competitive on the EBR.

The 'problem' is that the electronics suite these other bikes have, especially the BMW 90% of riders can ride a lesser bike faster. Just like driving a new sportscar to the limit with ABS, stability control, etc... A 350HP new car could beat out a 600hp analog car. The future of cars and bikes will be where fighter jets are now. Literally unusable without electronic help, but performance that boggles the mind.

I'm an analog guy. I don't even have a digital watch. If I lock up the rear with a crappy downshift mid corner and high side into the grass, it's my fault and lots of pain will make me learn how to do that better.

I'm never gonna sue BMW because the Bosch inertia sensor quit and I'm just used to mashing the brakes, slapping the shifter, and cranking the gas, expecting the computer to do the skill part for me. Or pay $1000 everytime something goes wrong that I can't fix.

YMMV
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-19-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Check out the Aprillia RSV-4:
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...orcycle-review

Use your smartphone to program the bike to each individual track? Turn-by-turn settings for ABS, wheelie control, traction control, rev limits, etc!?!?!

Holy shnikies... it's at the same price point the EBR was in 2014-2015 and a whole 'nother animal.

I went from this...

(All three pics are of the same bike - I had multiple color sets and would swap out once a year to mix it up a little)

To this...

and loved it so much I bought another...

Wouldn't mind getting a third by the end of the year.

Great bikes all of them!! Thx for sharing.

Thx Dean,

This is a direct quote from the owner of the company that makes the ecm for Buell & EBR, they've been at it since 1999.

"‎Tim Blomenberg‎ to EBR 1190 Owners Group
    3 hrs · Decatur, IN ·
    EBR owners, listen up. This is not a sales pitch, but an attempt to get the truth out there to keep you and your bike on the road! I've seen quite a few posts lately about guys that have changed their exhaust, and continued to run the stock ECM or even a performance ECM not properly matched to their replacement exhaust (be it secondary muffler delete, Adams, HMF, APH, or others). The owner thinks it's "safe" because the ECM will adapt to the new exhaust as they ride. News flash: The stock ECM for the 1190RX/SX does not "learn" in terms of Air / Fuel Ratio (AFR) as Buells do (to some extent anyway). What you see when you first ride it (on road or dyno) is what you will get consistently (except for changes in engine and air temps, ram air, etc.). Our performance ECMs don't learn AFR's either; they are set up to perform consistently and not change as you ride. What this means is that if your bike is lean (or rich) in spots when you first run it on the dyno, the ECM is not going to fix itself over time! Furthermore, on a dyno, you might be looking at AFRs at Wide Open Throttle (WOT), but you also need to consider part throttle AFRs. The fuel maps have 384 independently-adjustable values for each cylinder. WOT only accounts for 24 of those. A good tune consists of a complete fuel remap, not just WOT! But even more importantly, don't forget about spark advance! The advance curves on the stock ECM are much different than those on our performance ECMs. When you change the pipe, you radically affect the engine's optimal spark advance, and if you don't correct that quickly, you WILL do engine damage from too much advance, even at part throttle. A performance ECM developed specifically for your exhaust configuration is critical to engine life, and it's a small price to pay compared to an engine rebuild!
    — at Intelligent Design Solutions (IDS)."ids fuel table.jpg

Last edited by Silverrider; 05-21-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123