Thread: EBR 1190....yes or no???

Threaded View

OOoooooooo I could make it to Fontana for that!!

Sadly I believe the EBR is vastly outdated 2014! in a VERY competitive market. It's a FAST capable ride no doubt. Any rider who has enough skill to just turn everything off (like these test riders) will be able to be competitive on the EBR.

The 'problem' is that the electronics suite these other bikes have, especially the BMW 90% of riders can ride a lesser bike faster. Just like driving a new sportscar to the limit with ABS, stability control, etc... A 350HP new car could beat out a 600hp analog car. The future of cars and bikes will be where fighter jets are now. Literally unusable without electronic help, but performance that boggles the mind.

I'm an analog guy. I don't even have a digital watch. If I lock up the rear with a crappy downshift mid corner and high side into the grass, it's my fault and lots of pain will make me learn how to do that better.

I'm never gonna sue BMW because the Bosch inertia sensor quit and I'm just used to mashing the brakes, slapping the shifter, and cranking the gas, expecting the computer to do the skill part for me. Or pay $1000 everytime something goes wrong that I can't fix.

YMMV
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-19-2017 at 11:44 PM.