Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to UN-CG my XB12 SCG

How to UN-CG my XB12 SCG

Hello all, new Bueller here, long time creeper (of this forum, that is). So I finally got around to buying an XB12... I

wanted an all black xb12S but I ended up getting the SCG. Im really regretting getting the low version, I find it very

cramped and Im only 5'7", this seat is the worst, my junk is all jammed up against the "tank". Now it

already has drop pegs on it, but im not looking for band aid fixes and im just going to convert it to a regular S.

From what ive read i know i need:

-Front forks from a S
    -Rear shock with the BLUE spring
    -Regular S seat

What I am unsure about is if the subframe is the same(since from pictures the regular S subframe seems to point higher in

the air). And I remember reading somewhere that the swingarm is different(that doesnt make sense to me, that would cost way

to much for a small company to do that)

So I am going to take some measurements against my friends XB9(city?) and see what that teaches me.

I will be getting rid of my BLACK SCG forks and rear shock if anyone is interested in a trade or wants to buy

them.

Dont mean to be a debbie downer on my first post, just want to get the ball rolling on the information i need and possible

contacts for parts.

Thanks in advance

If you go in that direction dont forget the longer kick stand. Most folks go in the other direction, Guys will want you SCG parts. Go with a seat first and see how it feels you might find it doable. I had a SCG I went with the seat only I am 6'. My boys were happy.lol
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.

I would be interested in your SCG parts.

I'm 5'7" and find my SCG to be perfect for me. The normal height is too tall in my opinion. Also, I find the SCG seat to be more comfortable, being that is hugs you better, the S seat is more flat and will create more pressure points.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpse View Post
    Hello all, new Bueller here, long time creeper (of this forum, that is). So I finally got around to buying an XB12... I

wanted an all black xb12S but I ended up getting the SCG. Im really regretting getting the low version, I find it very

cramped and Im only 5'7", this seat is the worst, my junk is all jammed up against the "tank".
    This is the cost for the best looking motorcycle.

The tail is way too low and looks wrong to me, i like the UK streetfighter look where the tail is the highest point, followed by the tank and ending at the handlebars. just like your avatar. ill post pics of the bike soon...

What are the black scg parts worth? ive been scouring the internet and cant find black forks anywhere.

Hi! I just bought a 03 xb9s with 11,000 miles on it and am looking to trade parts with an scg....I'm only 5'2 and a girl so I'm tip toeing the bike now. I can send pics of what the parts look like, they are in really good shape! Let me know!!

Quote Originally Posted by jessvw21 View Post
    Hi! I just bought a 03 xb9s with 11,000 miles on it and am looking to trade parts with an scg....I'm only 5'2 and a girl so I'm tip toeing the bike now. I can send pics of what the parts look like, they are in really good shape! Let me know!!
    Sure, email me pics to UpOnOneRamon@gmail.com

IMG_20170519_161231.jpg

As you can see, Im use to riding bikes with a much higher seat height.

I guess my front brake line should be long enough for the regular S fork length?
    Last edited by Corpse; 06-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Attachment 7393

Im having trouble loading multiple pics in one post.

Last edited by Corpse; 06-06-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast