Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xb12ss dead spot at 4k-4500 any other tunes out there

Quote Originally Posted by Joejo View Post
    What will changing the Afv to 100 do?
    AFV set to 100 is like a reset for the ECM to learn and add or subtract to the new map, you must do this and it will teach you if the map needs fuel (101 and up)or less fuel (99 and down). If you reset this to 100 when trying a map and the afv stays close to 100 after 50 or more miles, it is a good starting point. You don't wan't to see less than 90 or more than 110 but it is fine to fluctuate between these high and low values day to day. If it is outside of this you need to actually change the fueling to get it as close to 100 as possible.

To clarify the AFV range is much wider than 90-110 but you wan't the maps fueling to put you in the middle.

When flashing a map you NEED to set that to 100 and do the TPS reset, if you do not the values from the bike the map came from will be what you are starting with. (AFV value stays inside ECM IIRC, TPS value changes from the map the bike came from)

Eventually it will balance out but if you are flashing maps and not doing this step you can't really judge the map because of this. For example if your AFV was 80 previously and you just flash a new map without AFV/TPS reset you are taking away 20% fuel from the map right off the bat. Most likely running like crap until you ride long enough that the ECM has a chance to add fuel again.
    Last edited by lowkey; 05-21-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: more info

Good for you! Glad you got the problem fixed.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the descriptive response. That makes complete sense now. I did a tps reset but not the Afv change to the new tune....

Should I do that? I only have about 10 miles on it...been raining so I didn't ride today.

Yes. Always start a new tune with a TPS re-set and AFV at 100 for exactly the reasons lowkey spelled it out for you.

The new 'tune' (.xpr file) contains more than just fuel tune info. You should compare and re-check all of your settings in the ECM parameter section with the old one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234